Is Johannesburg safe city to live for an Indian?

Johannesburg, Africa is safe city for leaving... I m indian and want to study in africa can I come there or not plz saw me right way

Hello karanp000 and welcome on board Expat.com

While waiting for members to revert back, please read this following thread :

> Whether johannesburg is safe to live and work

Regards
Kenjee

And jobs are easily available?? now I go there in student visa can I do job and how I minimum money earn in one month during my continue study?

Hi karanp000 - in which sector are you looking for work please ?

I want job in any sector like restaurant any other

Hi karanp000,

Then I will suggest you to drop your resume in the Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in Johannesburg section please as it might help :)

Good luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

Hey! I've lived in both South Africa and India.. so I think I can answer this.
There are plenty of Indians in South Africa, they are actually a recognized ethnic group.. so you should blend in pretty well.. till you speak lol (the accent will give you away).
Is it safe? On average yes.. there are dangerous places you might want to keep away from or be very cautious in. Do not go around flashing an expensive phone or clothes.. that make for an easy target. Don't draw extra attention to yourself.. act and move like you've lived there your whole life.. once you start acting "touristy". you become easy prey.
Also choose where you stay wisely.. but the college hostels are really nice.. you'll make lots of friends and they certainly have less rules than Indian college hostels.. A LOT less rules.. so you'll definitely enjoy that.
Cost of living in SA is way higher than India.. so you should brace yourself for that..
Last I checked, you can't get formal employment on a student visa.. but you mentioned working in a restaurant or sth, so that shouldn't be so hard to get.. make some friends, ask around, you'll surely get something to do.
Enjoy you stay :)

Yes you will be safe.Like everyone else,you'll need to know what areas are unsafe. We have an international community around  campuses and academic institutions. We also have a very large community of South African Indians, so you should feel very at home.