Safety in Bahrain

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Bahrain?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in Bahrain and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Generally speaking I feel safe here in Bahrain except a few things.
I have been here only three months though.

I feel not safe when I drive.
I feel not safe when I walk along the road.

Hello!

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Bahrain?
Yes, i feel safe in Bahrain.

How would you define the level of safety in the country?
No Country is perfect, we have to be careful wherever we are. There are a few places to where unnecessary visits could be avoided after sunset.

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?
Yes you can, but as mentioned in my previous answer some places could be avoided.

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?
No, not really.

Share with us your insight on safety in Bahrain and in the city you live in.
Bahrain is a very small country, the authorities have done their best to keep it safe, there are frequent patrols on the move and checkpoints across the city at times.

T&R

Hi Christine
About your topic I live here 3 years ago.... 

-Do you feel safe in Bahrain?
Yes, It's very safe.
-How would you define the level of safety in the country?
Almost all the country safe but some places should be avoided in Fridays (Some few protesters not criminal).
-Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?
Almost all the country safe but few places should be avoided after sunset (Protesters not criminal).
-Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?
Some political tensions.
-Share with us your insight on safety in Bahrain and in the city you live in.
I live here for three years and feel very safe and never saw protesters and never hear about theft, violence or robbery Also I work for insurance company and never have theft claim.

Thank you,

Hi,

I'm here in Bahrain for last 3 years and till date my experience says it is one of the safest place on earth to stay.
Moving around the country at any hour of the day is of no worries at all.  You might hear about some sporadic incidents of roads being blocked and tyres being burned but that doesn't target any civilians, it's basically protests against the authorities and doesn't impact our day to day life. Malls and restaurants keep open well past midnight and even if a lady wishes to move out alone at night there isn't anything to worry. Further, I haven't heard of any incidence of theft, burglary, snatching, pickpocket or eveteasing in the past 3 years. To summarize it's a safe place to stay be alone or with family.

Amit

For Men its safe all the way 24/7.
For women also its safe if wearing hijab. Last night I saw one female driver at 12.55am.
And offcourse its not US or europe, So if you are wearing bikkny and people starring at you, please dont feel unsafe :)
You can walk all around Bahrain with 100s gram of gold, no one will snach it.
If you lost any thing hopefully you'll get it returned by locals or even by Expats.

Yes.Very safe .If you are coming from any where in the world ,you will be surprise to find Bahrain is more safer  .

Hi Christine

About your topic please note my comments are as follows:- 

-Do you feel safe in Bahrain?
Yes, It's very safe.
-How would you define the level of safety in the country?
It is very safe and the safety in Bahrain is A+

-Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?
Yes.
-Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?
No.

Thank you,

Mathew.

Hi Christine,

I live in Bahrain for almost 2 years now. As you may already know that Bahrain is a small country. As such, we feel that   everything we need is near and close by. I also had these concerns in my mind before moving in 2013 and have got it clarified by many of them in this blog.

This country is indeed safe, good to live and work. However, it would be good if you could avoid roaming in remote  places. This is applicable in any part of the world. There are quite a number of shopping malls, cinemas, health care centers etc. Government has recently restructured the transport system and there are bus services to most places in Bahrain. But, it would be good if you have a car like in any city.

So, no worries. You will be safe in Bahrain:)

Regards,
Livestrong4ever