Small business in siem reap

any advice on opening a small business on siem reap such as a coffee shop or ice cream and fresh juice shop.or souvenir shop
or exporting small and light Cambodian product.also any advice on
on line business from siem reap.many thanks

Siem Reap is becoming too expensive for small business, especially if you need a shop in a good location. If you export handicraft and work out of your house it's ok.
Contact me if you come here
Bruno

If anyone is an Expat and has created a business in Cambodia, I would be very interested to get in contact

I am keen on learning more about the process and feasibility of such a project!

Orkun tchroeun :)

Michael

what would be the rent for 2 meter by 2 meter small shop in center, thanks.

Hey I see this was posted over a year a go, so how has it worked out for you?
I am in Siem Reap now but head to Bangkok on the 25th to get a business visa for Cambodia. I would like to do some import export, maybe open a small hostel. Preferably based out of Siem Reap but I will follow opportunity. I will be on a tight budget and I'm not sure at all what forms to fill out, or any tax laws. But I'm going to give it a try. If anyone has some helpful hints it would be much appreciated

Ramblinman wrote:

Hey I see this was posted over a year a go, so how has it worked out for you?
I am in Siem Reap now but head to Bangkok on the 25th to get a business visa for Cambodia. I would like to do some import export, maybe open a small hostel. Preferably based out of Siem Reap but I will follow opportunity. I will be on a tight budget and I'm not sure at all what forms to fill out, or any tax laws. But I'm going to give it a try. If anyone has some helpful hints it would be much appreciated

1. If you wish to sell Cambodian products online you will need obtain a low price on the posting. And that's the problem, to have a tracking code to know the product will get to the customer will cost, if you want it very cheap then the product may never get there without the tracking code. Also then there's the import tax for the customer.

2. As for a small hostel, you will need to rent a building large enough and it could cost a lot of rent, the owner will expect 1 months deposit for every years contract and 1 months advance rent. You will need to buy all the furnishings if it is unfurnished. I have been told you need about $25,000 for the first year of opening a guest house to pay everything. You will need to buy a business licence and pay the tax office as well.

You could buy an existing business of course, but it will cost you and you need to be careful.

Also as you are in Siem Reap, it is very competitive, there are so many accommodation places there already.

You could try something that is not there already?

leventsener wrote:

what would be the rent for 2 meter by 2 meter small shop in center, thanks.

Not sure if you can get a property to that size, but a shop might cost between $600-$800 per month, last year there were spaces at the night market for $315 per month.

Can anyone give me a suggestion that what will you do if you have USD 200,000 in hand. What kind of business would you prefer?

Thanks for any idea

200 000 USD, what kind of business would you prefer? can u plan as a project? Do you know Siem Reap well? \

Thanks for any comment back

thanks, any project which look possible and related with business/ for example: my friend have capital over 1 million USD and he buy land and made a flathouse and get some deposit from his friend by a project and get loan from bank by a nice project also. starting with nice project can make us have a good preparation. However, the amount of money is quite difference and quite big business from me. Only around USD 200,000. Does it have anyone have a nice project which related with SWOT analysis.

Thanks

If you really have 200K to invest and want to come here, the first thing would be not to write it down on a public forum and the second thing to come to Siem Reap and study the market here for a few months before making any fast decision. We have seen a lot of people loosing money here by a lack of serious market study...

Electric transport

Bad idea, I thought about it myself but you will have the tuktuk mafia on your back! Forget it...

I was thinking more along the lines of personal transport.

If I have 200,000usd I would be run a micro finance in order to get more and more benefit for me

Lalo27 wrote:

Bad idea, I thought about it myself but you will have the tuktuk mafia on your back! Forget it...

Not really such a bad idea.. look at how many electric cycle shops have opened up renting and selling electric motos.. they are everywhere..