Help to analyze my estimated cost of living

I am considering to study at Hanyang University that stays in Seoul, I have contacted the university and they responded me saying that the estimate cost of living for international students is 6,500 US dollars per year, around 541 dollars per month (595803.3 KRW), I would like to know from people who are living or have lived in South Korea if this amount is enough to cover living costs (will be living in university dorm), gas, electricity, water, food and personal expenses?

Squexy wrote:

I am considering to study at Hanyang University that stays in Seoul, I have contacted the university and they responded me saying that the estimate cost of living for international students is 6,500 US dollars per year, around 541 dollars per month (595803.3 KRW), I would like to know from people who are living or have lived in South Korea if this amount is enough to cover living costs (will be living in university dorm), gas, electricity, water, food and personal expenses?

Try www.numbeo.com website for cost of living.

I can tell you right now that that is not enough. Koreans love drinking and you will find yourself going out to go drinking many times during the week..especially if you are a college student. and drinks are expensive. If you stay around the university area you can drink for less but it is costly.

USD 500 would be enough considering:
1.  Accomodation FREE
2. Transportation FREE
3. Food USD 300 a month
4. Water USD 20 a month
5. Personal USD 180 a month
-- NO monthly phone bill/prepaid. This is possible if you have smart phone, wifi is everywhere.
-- NO night life i.e., drinks,extra snacks like in restaurants, it's very expensive here, i guarantee you
-- USD 41 is for train fare
-- You can survive for USD 541 but not less than that..
-- Live a simple student life anyways.
GOOD LUCK.

Hi Wallace, I am Sarah. I live in Bangsar. I have 2 rooms vacant by 1st August 2015 in my condo. If u re still looking for a place.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the forum.