Moving to Rosario

Hello

I have recently been on a 6 month South American adventure and it was amazing but I particularly loved Argentina. Now my plan is to return to Rosario to live with my boyfriend for a few months and I wanted some advice. When I am there I would like to obviously get some sort of work to earn some money - whether this be English Teaching, Nannying or design (I have a degree in Graphic Design) i do not mind. Will I need a work visa to do this? Also I have very basic spanish and am looking to study in a course when I am therE - can anyone recommend any Spanish schools or teachers with reasonable prices to help me.

Thanks

Millie

Hi Millie,

6 months around South America sounds good!!!Good to hear that you're about to move to Rosario. I've been living there for the last 2 years and I am sure you will like the city...

Regarding your question about work, yes, you will need a visa to officially work here. Work visas are for one year contracts... Some companies are already registered to employ foreigners and it is much easier to get the visa, others are not registered and they will need to do the paperwork before even considering employing you and it can be quite tough.

Teaching English is certainly an option as there's not so many native speakers here (unlike Buenos Aires).
Just today, I published on my web an ad for an English Teaching job here in Rosario: .RosarioConnection.com.

I know a good school in Rosario. Let me know and I'll put you in touch for some Spanish classes...

Check out my site for more info about Rosario and get in touch if you have any other questions.

Is your boyfriend actually from Rosario?
Once you get here, get in touch as we are small group of "expats" girls who meet up for drinks now and then, you'll be welcome!

Sabine

Hey Sabine!

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes 6 months in South America was one of my best experiences....I love this continent!

My boyfriend lives in Rosario as he is studying at the university but he is actually from Santa Fe. We are unsure of our exact plans and time scales so I am not sure whether I should get a visa or try and pick up casual work in hostels etc? What do you think? Also is there opportunity for teaching private english classes?

I had a look at the website, it was really interesting and expect I will keep checking it out to see whats going on in Rosario.

I should be here the beginning of September and it would e great to meet up with you and go out and for you to give me some good recommendations on spanish schools!

Thanks

Millie

Go to your local university language department and ask for courses.
Yes, officially a working visa is required but not essential in some circumstances. Spanish IS essential to do any graphic design work and any legal office work in that genre, I know you don't need to draw in Spanish!

Hi Millie
Are you in Rosario yet?
It is possible to find a job that doesn't require much Spanish (if your command is still limited!) for instance I work in the Translation industry (in Marketing... I don't do translations) and my job is only in English. There are quite a few companies in Rosario in that sector and you can easily get employed even without Spanish as most of your job will be done in English (such as Project Manager, graphic designers, etc...)
Get in touch via email ([email protected]) and I'll send you a list of companies that are more likely to employ English speaking staff.
Sabine

Hi Millie,
It's nice to hear you like our country. I'm wondering if you're usually coming to Santa Fe. Let's say one or twice a week or if you know another English native speaker person who lives in Santa Fe. I'm looking for a teacher for my kids after leaving 4 years in the USA.
Thanks,
Javier

@jemoreno -> Concerning the teacher, you should post an advert in the Classes section in the Argentina classifieds. It could help. :)

[Sorry for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Javier

Thanks for the message! We probably only travel to Santa fe once or twice a month to see family and when we are not working otherwise I would have loved to teach your children some English! Do you and your family come to Rosario at all?

Thanks
Millie

Thanks for your comment Aurélie. I might give your suggestions a try.
Millie: we've some relatives in Rosario so we might show up once a month. Don't you have any friend in Santa Fe willing to talk to my kids in english?
With best,
Javier

Javier!

I am afraid no I dont know any other Native English Speakers in Santa Fe as I have only been in Rosario a relatively short while but i will definitely let you know if i do meet anyone that lives in Santa Fe and could teach english!

Well if you do want me to help your kids with some English when you come to Rosario to visit just let me know!

Thanks

Millie

I apologize for trying to take over this post, but I had to chime in! I am moving to Argentina in July and will most likely be living in Rosario or Santa Fe. My hope is to teach English and be closer to a very good friend of mine! It would be fantastic to have as many connections as possible before moving, and especially cool to connect with some other "expats." If anyone is still paying attention I would love to hear from you!

Katie

search for Lenguas Vivas.
The teach Spanish nearly for free. but you need to get very early in the registration day.
For the work, if you need to join a company, you need to have a work visa, and that will be the company responsibility to prepare it for you.

Hope this is useful.

Hi there. Not sure if this thread is still up and running. I am currently in San Lorenzo and willing to work. Spanish language is not great but wanting to learn. I am educated in Psychology (bachelor's) and have lived and worked in USA and UK. Would love to obtain an English speaking job here in Rosario/ San Lorenzo.
If anybody can help or has suggestions my email is [email protected]

dear Katie,
IŽm living with my family in Santa Fe. Where did you finally settle down, Rosario or SF? Let me know, because weŽre still looking for some English-native speaker to teach our kids.
Best,
Javier

Hi Javier  I don't know if your still looking for a teacher for your kids or not but If you are I was born and raised in the states and I am actually studying to become a translator so if your still intrested just let me know I would love the opportunity to teach your kids english and also I speak perfect spanish since my parents are both from argentina Hope to hear from you soon or from anybody from the us in santa fe Brian