Experience Adding On to a Home?

Still looking for the perfect house here :)

Right now we are considering one that will eventually be a little small for us if we have another child. Also, I want a large bathroom, and because I don't want to take too much space out of the home (It is only 70 square meters) I would want to immediately add on a separate bathroom and perhaps build a basic storage shed on the property.

Do you have experience adding onto a home as opposed to just renovating the interior?

Any clue how much a nice, large bathroom would cost (Underfloor heating, Jacuzzi tub, moderately priced tiles) as an addition, not just a renovation? I know nothing of foundations and building techniques and if it is even possible to add a room to the exterior of a home without MAJOR construction?

Also, is there special permitting we would have to get to add on a bathroom and a room to the house?

Any experience with this would be great, because it will let us know if we should keep looking for a larger house or expand our search to include slightly smaller homes that we can expand in the next 5-10 years.

HI
As soon as you change the foot print of the house you need building permission.
Usually involves getting an Architect to do drawings and construction drawings.
and inspections of every step in the construction.

So if i where you i would look for a bigger house
(but if this one is in the place you absolutely love then go for it)

To make an extension on a house 25-30 M2 isnt very hard and the cost is depending on where in the country the house is located
(closer to a big city or sea the cost for materials and work is higher)