Do I Need a BULSTAT Card?

I've been told two different things about this:
1) I have to register for a BULSTAT number within 7 days of signing the deed.
2) I only have to register if I own a property, but no land - if your property has land, you're not required to register.

I've bought a house and about an acre of land, so I'm hoping it's number 2!

Anybody?

PS. I've also been told not to change GBP to Lev in the UK as I'll get a better rate of exchange in Bulgaria - is this accurate?

As you are a EU resident (i assume) You dont need any BULSTAT nr.
The only time you need BULSTAT (company nr) is if its unregulated land you have bought
(ie Agricultural, Forest or other unregulated land)

The land the property sits on is usually regulated (as its not allowed to build on unregulated land)
and you are as a EU resident allowed to buy and own property on Regulated land with just your passport nr

Good day.

When buying property you must obtain a BULSTAT card if foreign physical persons who do not have a personal identification number or personal number of a foreigner.

http://psc.egov.bg/psc-starting-a-business-bulstat

THE LAW ON THE BULSTAT REGISTRY
PT. 3. (1) In the register BULSTAT, fit:
10. foreign individuals who do not possess a unified civil number or personal number of a foreigner:
(a) conduct business or render independent personal services in the country, including also through place of economic activity or defined base, or object, or
b) to own real estate in this country, or
in) - increased vascular permeability;
11. other individuals - increased vascular permeability.
(2) In the register BULSTAT, can register and foreign nationals who are subject to special registration because of a material tax laws, including when they would be exempt from tax in accordance with the entered into force of an international Treaty by which the Republic of Bulgaria is a party.
(3) (Am. and Vice versa. - GE. 15 from 2013, in force from 01.01.2014) In a special magazine on art. 2, para. 2 fit only these units." 1, T. 8 who spend from the budget or increased vascular permeability.
(4) (New - SG, 95 PCs from 2009, in force from 01.01.2010) Foreign persons of a member country of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European economic area, carrying out entrepreneurial activity in the country only in terms of free provision of services that do not fit in the BULSTAT register.

As a EU citizen you get a Bulgarian personal nr
when applying for long term residency.
BULSTAT Registration is no longer necessary for Eu Citizens that just buys a secondary home here

only if you have to go to the Ministry of internal Affairs sector of migration for the design of long-term residence permit.

vrsassist, We are from the EU so the rules for us are different from you Russians, please understand this. Thank you

sarov, vrsassistis not from the EU.

We are and we did it so from 2012, you can buy you house or apt or land on your name no need of a company
for your residential card, you go to the immigration office (it's in the police station in you city)
Go there with your notary act, a letter from you bank to say that you do have an account and your passport, i think that's all, it takes 30 mn to get your card.

sihemt wrote:

vrsassist, We are from the EU so the rules for us are different from you Russians, please understand this. Thank you

I understand that he is a citizen of the EU. And what you wrote is not unfounded and confirmed by the extract from the law of register BULSTAT. The fact that the firm is not required to register the land we are still in the other branch explained. Also my friend works in the BULSTAT register and confirmed that without a personal identification number for an EU citizen does not register a property, in this case, 'll need to or register a company or obtain a residence permit in the Ministry of internal Affairs sector of migration.

Easier and cheaper for EU citizen to obtain a permit for long-term residence than to register a company. Here the procedure, documents and fees for EU citizens in the migration sector. http://migration.mvr.bg/NR/rdonlyres/06D754F9-9431-420B-8164-1F68923B7830/0/administrativnoobsnaesitehnitesemeistava.pdf

Once again vrsassist, We are from the EU, we buy a house or a land on our name no need of company and the residential card, we only need it if we live here not if it's just a holiday home, please understant that we can't mislead the new comers.
The law that applies to you doesn't apply to us and once again, we bought and still buy houses and land since since the country is in the EU so WE ARE TELLING YOU, HOW IT WORKS FOR US FROM THE EU.

We EU CITIZENS, don't pay for the residential card, there is a tax of 7 Lev that's it.

You have created a dispute of nowhere. That is, the law regulating the registration of real estate for citizens from EU countries and other countries in your opinion is contrary to the practice? In your posts is an excerpt about the registration of real estate for non-Bulgarian citizens. For EU citizens if there is no personal number of the foreigner must obtain a BULSTAT card. If there is a personal number registration is not required. Card registration in the BULSTAT register of immovable property is necessary for tax purposes, as if the foreigner has no registration in Bulgaria it is not recognized for tax purposes on real property. Call the BULSTAT and ask him yourself.
On duty 7 LV by the way is written in the file that I posted.

I don

Understand,  that we're doing it every day, buying houses and every dau us from the Eu come to live here.
you're trying to help and I thank you but you definitly don't knowhow it works for.
the discussionis closed. I don't wantwant to explain again. Have a god day

I also think that the discussion needs to stop. However their words, I confirmed the official acts and from the original procedure for EU citizens in the absence of a personal number of a foreigner and in this case, you must obtain a BULSTAT card me explained to the employees the BULSTAT register. By the way for the violation of this procedure, other applicable laws, subject to a penalty.