Where to live - at most one hour from San Jose Airport?

Hi everyone! I'm excited to have joined this forum and I'm looking forward to finding out more about living in CR. My husband and I have been visiting and researching for many years. I did post a question about living in CR but working in the US. Any assistance in answering that question would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I have responded to your other post.

Thank you! Any recommendations for a real estate agent to help us find a long term rental not more than an hour from the San Jose airport?

You may want to contact Villas Cariari and consider staying a month while you check out the area and see what is available. These 'Condos/Apartels' are located in a very safe area with easy access to the airport. Nice neighborhood and no problem to walk around in. Or choose to stay there, long term.

It is very important not to leave a house vacant when you are gone, so this location may solve this problem.

Hi. Not sure about commuting to the U.S. for work, but i live in the San Ramon Alajula area and love it.The weather is perfect. No air conditioner and only a room heater for 3 months out of the year 1 hour from airport , Pricemart and Walmart.The people in San Ramon are so friendly and being a small town @ 3500 ft. elevation cooler temps year round.

davidraycr wrote:

Hi. Not sure about commuting to the U.S. for work, but i live in the San Ramon Alajula area and love it.The weather is perfect. No air conditioner and only a room heater for 3 months out of the year 1 hour from airport , Pricemart and Walmart.The people in San Ramon are so friendly and being a small town @ 3500 ft. elevation cooler temps year round.

I agree. San Ramon is a great place.
Also, if money is an issue, do what someone else posted and rent for a month in a hotel or something and then look for a rental during  that month. Ask around, look at postings on bulletin boards at grocery stores, talk to expats who might know of an empty expat home to rent. I have found places to rent for as little as $200/month with this method. You can expect to spend more like $350-450/month but you might get lucky if you run into the right person who is motivated to rent.

I think I responded to a similar post from the same person. I said: San Ramon is good but Palmares is better.

Anyone know much about the San Luis area?  I'm thinking about renting a place there this September and I've only seen photos of the interior and the scenery through windows.   The owner said its secure and loaded with modern features but they're on a septic and they dont flush toilet paper down the toilet.  I wasn't sure if that was typical or was a bad sign.  Anyone know anything about that and san luis in general?