Safety in South Korea

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in South Korea?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in South Korea and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Do you feel safe in South Korea? As i am a foreigner and lived in Seoul and Namwon for almost three years, i would proudly say Korea is a very safe country to live. You can work day and night alone on the road and you would not feel any disturbance. Friday night or Saturday night in some area like Hongdae or Ithewon, you might see many drunken people, but they also don't make much problems. As a adult i can assure you, its very safe. But i am not sure about Kids walking on the road alone night or day time, i am sure its not that safe as Singapore for Kids.

I don't think that there are high rate of criminality or social problems. But i can see politics is a big issue here in Korea also as like most of other counties.

I would say Korea is one of the safest place to live as i also traveled a lot. My two years in Seoul, i one time faced a issue with a taxi driver stolen my mobile phone. Other than that, i never have a single problem. People are kind, and always help with anything we want while on the road. I wish they can speak English and i am sure they are so helpful to everyone. Currently i am living in Namwon City, which is also so peaceful.

Kind Regards
Mohamed Ibrahim

I lived in Korea for almost two years, and sometimes I go there to visit my friends and in-laws. When it comes to safety, for me, I can say that its a very safe country to live in. How would you define the level of safety in the country? You can walk day and night without fear. If you're lost, you can ask to any young people/adults who can speak English or you can practice your korean by asking directions. Koreans are kind and nice to foreigners. Regarding social problems or crimes, not really that serious and are few, but as long as you're quick and careful and you can read and speak basic of their language, you're good. Nothing to worry about.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please register your company in the business directory.