Newly layed-off US citizen with plans to retire soon

Hi,
I am a newly layed-off US citizen with plans to retire soon in Costa Rica.  I am one of the few who are moving to the east/Atlantic side of the country.  I have purchased land at Grand View Estates (close to Siquirres) and plan on having horses and doing some basic horse fundamentals-training for anyone interested at my soon to be built home/ranch.  So I am especially interested in connecting with other horse enthusiasts and expats living in this area.  I am single and so have time to get involved in community, volunteer work, and development of home skills that I have neglected for quite some time.  I have 2 French Bulldogs who will be making the move with me to CR.  As I am a true animal lover, I anticipate there will be future furry additions to my family.  I've been researching this move for over 1 1/2 years now but am still in the dark on so many things.  I hope this blog can be of help.  Feel free to contact me.

Kathleen

Hello there Kathleen,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I created a new post from your introduction on the Costa Rica forum.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to post them so that we can help you. :)

Cheers,
Bhavna

Some airlines, such as AA & United  will not transport  French Bulldogs or other brachycephalic/snub-nosed dogs so check well in advance.

welcome to CR, the land of the Pura Vida, a banana republic nonetheless but I nice country overall. Let us know when you have your farm running to bring my girls over. we live on the valley, central Costa Rica. Feel free to contact me if you need advise or help on any way.