Renting an apartment in Bucharest

We are a mature couple  preparing to move to Romania after retirement next year. We plan to rent an apartment in Bucharest. Looking  for recommendations for a preferred area in Bucharest in terms of  infrastructure and  personal security, as well as a law firm that handles long-term leasing of apartments. Also, what is the average cost of such a rental (talking about a two-bedroom apartment).
Any information will be helpful.
Thank You

Hello Raich

You may drop an advert in our Housing in Bucharest section of the site to increase your chances to find a nice rental.

Kenjee
Expat Bog Team

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post your housing offer in the housing section

Hello,

I am Simona and I'll be writing my thesis in Bucharest. I'll need a flat until December, preferably a flatshare with more people.
Could you advise me where to start looking please? Or if you know about current offers out there, it would be very helpful too!!

Thanks heaps!

Simo_P wrote:

Hello,

I am Simona and I'll be writing my thesis in Bucharest. I'll need a flat until December, preferably a flatshare with more people.
Could you advise me where to start looking please? Or if you know about current offers out there, it would be very helpful too!!

Thanks heaps!

Welcome Simona, please see kenjee's post above.  Also there are sites like cautcoleg,ro or roomfinder.ro for such situations.  If you're attending a university in Bucharest, you might reach out to their housing or information office to connect with other students looking for roommates.

Hi Mina,
Unfortunately,   I do not believe your offer will remain relevant by the time we move to Romania. We plan to relocate around April or May 2016. By the way, is the 650 Euro the final price or do we have to add VAT? I heard   any transaction in Romania is committed  to  VAT, regardless of  whether it is made by official business or individuals. Is it correct?
Thank you
Raich

Raich wrote:

Hi Mina,
Unfortunately,   I do not believe your offer will remain relevant by the time we move to Romania. We plan to relocate around April or May 2016. By the way, is the 650 Euro the final price or do we have to add VAT? I heard   any transaction in Romania is committed  to  VAT, regardless of  whether it is made by official business or individuals. Is it correct?
Thank you
Raich

Hi Raich,

in Romania, the advertised price is typically the final price (unless you negotiate it lower, which is often possible and advisable), so don't worry about TVA for renting a flat.  The owner of the property is required to register the lease with the financial register and pay 16% tax on the rent received, however many Romanian property owners bypass this legal requirement.