Short Courses or Work

My wife is coming to Nairobi for a 7 week period from 2nd August until 20th September 2015.
Here in the UK she is a busy lady. She is a qualified pharmacist and works part time for the local hospital.
Whilst in Nairobi she has nothing planned and is eager to make the best use of her available time and so is looking at participating in short courses, or doing meaningful volunteering work or a short term paid job.
She has vast Pharmacy experience been qualified now for 10 years and having worked for many big chains and hospitals here.
Her hobbies are sewing and cooking.
Any ideas or suggestions will be very welcome. She will be staying in the Langata area.
Thanks in advance.

Please note, your wife will be unable to do any kind of work, including voluntary work, legally without a work permit.  I understand that in addition to this, she would need to obtain registration from the medical board before she could practice as a pharmacist there, in any capacity. 

Obtaining a work permit basically needs an offer of employment and for the application process to be started well before travel.  For a period of 7 weeks, it just isn't worth the hassle, or may not be considered for such a short period of time, as it is expensive.

As far as attending short courses, I believe that this would be permitted under the terms of the visa.

Please also note that the visa application process has changed and visas should be applied for online in advance of travel, although your wife should still be able to obtain one on arrival in August.  See the link below.

https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/index.php?id=5