Taking girlfriend to Australia & USA

I am an Australian citizen with dual Australian and U.K. passports.

I am about to relocate to Phils(in 8 weeks) and have a girlfriend there already, with whom I will be living. I would like to take her and her young son to Australia in August for a couple of weeks to visit my family and then to USA in December to visit my family there.

I have a current ETSA(visa) for myself for USA.

What are the tips for Phils visas for both countries?

Thanks for any assistance.

The most important thing for getting an Australian tourist Visa is for her to have "substantial reasons" to need to return to the Philippines, within the time frame.  (Education Course, Job, etc)
Without that, they may feel she will overstay, not return etc (as many from the Philippines do that), and a refusal on those grounds are normal.

Other than that, fill in the forms correctly, and give that proof of "reason to return", and you should have no problems.

ABCDiamond wrote:

The most important thing for getting an Australian tourist Visa is for her to have "substantial reasons" to need to return to the Philippines, within the time frame.  (Education Course, Job, etc)
Without that, they may feel she will overstay, not return etc (as many from the Philippines do that), and a refusal on those grounds are normal.

Other than that, fill in the forms correctly, and give that proof of "reason to return", and you should have no problems.

Thanks for the reply.

She has her own freehold house and land - no mortgage or loan, but she will probably stop working when I arrive. Would a letter from my sister and her husband in USA help with the USA visa?

OzFreddie wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

She has her own freehold house and land - no mortgage or loan, but she will probably stop working when I arrive. Would a letter from my sister and her husband in USA help with the USA visa?

I guess that will help.  Do a letter with it explaining your full plans, including the trip to USA, and enclose copies of property title.  If she could get a letter from her employer offering her job back if she wanted it, that would be a bonus.

I've done 4 visitor visas applications, and all went well.  My ex-wife did one, and refused my help. Her niece was refused a visitor visa.  (Application not done properly ??) ;)

The USA appears similar:
Evidence of ties and financial status of the applicant, or the applicant's parents, if minor, in the Philippines. 
All documents must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted, unless specified. The applicant must submit these documents to the interviewing consular officer during the interview.

Don't forget to ask about the minor child also...More difficult I think....

wow great.... i think if you get married here in philippines with your girlfriend her then it easy to take her going australia and usa....

Maricel1133 wrote:

wow great.... i think if you get married here in philippines with your girlfriend her then it easy to take her going australia and usa....

Thank you for that info. Yes, we do intend to get married in Philippines.

Your Welcome..... All the best.... And don't  forget us to invite on your wedding day.... :)

OzFreddie wrote:

If you do plan to take her back to Australia under a marriage visa, the application is basically the same as under a Fiance visa, and costs the same.

Stage 1:
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) costs $4,630
or
The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa and costs $4,630

Stage 2:
About Two years after the above application:
Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) costs $6,865.50

ABCDiamond wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

If you do plan to take her back to Australia under a marriage visa, the application is basically the same as under a Fiance visa, and costs the same.

Stage 1:
or
The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa and costs $4,630

Stage 2:

WOW!!! The cost is like being lashed at the whipping post for the crime of being in LOVE...UNBELIEVABLE BUREAUCRATIC BS...

It can be done to USA, but it is not easy. It takes about 2 years. If you get a fiance' visa and get married in the US, then it is about 90 days.

good luck

vetretreat wrote:
ABCDiamond wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

Stage 1:
or

Stage 2:

WOW!!! The cost is like being lashed at the whipping post for the crime of being in LOVE...UNBELIEVABLE BUREAUCRATIC BS...

that's what you called thing "LOVE" :heart::kiss::heart: ..make your pockets empty just paying all the documents and standing at the very very long lines of  govt policies :sosad: ..my advice just don't fall in line on summer months, its realy hot here and you'll not just get empty pockets same as heat stroke and traffic jams on monday and fridays  :huh: 
tell your girffriend to open a bank account on passbook under her name and its best if she have some time deposit account or stock shares, so that when she went to any embassy she has some proof together with the land titles. and please don't make her stop from working, she can ask for a leave of absent from work. so that when the embassy do the interview on her,  she has proof that she can come back in the philippines. most filipinos can't pass the screening on the embassy because if the embassy knows that the person don't have a job or a business here and wants to go to US just for a visit. the visa will be denied before she says another word. believe me.. many of my friend undergo this visa thing just for love, i seen many ladies and man  crying just to be with their love ones. if she and her child have not yet travel. try traveling in hongkong, malaysia  and singapore so that their passport has some stamped by other country. just in good faith that they can afford to travel and come back in the philippines
good luck  :)

lizzie zoria wrote:

tell your girffriend to open a bank account on passbook under her name and its best if she have some time deposit account or stock shares, so that when she went to any embassy she has some proof together with the land titles. and please don't make her stop from working, she can ask for a leave of absent from work. so that when the embassy do the interview on her,  she has proof that she can come back in the philippines. most filipinos can't pass the screening on the embassy because if the embassy knows that the person don't have a job or a business here and wants to go to US just for a visit. the visa will be denied before she says another word. believe me.. many of my friend undergo this visa thing just for love, i seen many ladies and man  crying just to be with their love ones. if she and her child have not yet travel. try traveling in hongkong, malaysia  and singapore so that their passport has some stamped by other country. just in good faith that they can afford to travel and come back in the philippines

It sounds like the US tourist visa is much harder than an Australian one.  For the Australian one it seems that no real financial proof, or employment confirmation, is required for the lady. But a written promise of support from the person being visited is needed.

ABCDiamond wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

Stage 1:
or

Stage 2:

Is all that necessary for visiting Australia and USA? We won't be living in another country, just as tourists.

lizzie zoria wrote:

that's what you called thing "LOVE" :heart::kiss::heart: ..make your pockets empty just paying all the documents and standing at the very very long lines of  govt policies :sosad: ..my advice just don't fall in line on summer months, its realy hot here and you'll not just get empty pockets same as heat stroke and traffic jams on monday and fridays  :huh: 

Love, yes, hahaha!

She has a bankbook in her name. She also owns a house and land freehold, no loans and another plot of land, freehold.

She is keeping working 2 days each week and her salary is staying in her bankbook. Her boss is willing to say she can have her full-time job back at any time. I am supporting her. We will be staying with my sister in USA, who would be willing to sponsor. I can also show proof of my income and bank account if this helps.

She has a current passport, but not yet used it.

OzFreddie wrote:

Is all that necessary for visiting Australia and USA? We won't be living in another country, just as tourists.

The Australian Tourist Visa is easy and much cheaper.  A$135  (4,725 pesos [July 2015]) :)

Those earlier costs for marriage Visa, are for residency.

ABCDiamond wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

The Australian Tourist Visa is easy and much cheaper.  A$135  (4,725 pesos [July 2015]) :)

Those earlier costs for marriage Visa, are for residency.

Thank you. I wondered if that was the case.

ozfreddie  :)

i suggest if you tour her to australia first maybe from there you can get visa to US. its really hard to get visa from manila to US. if you want the lady tries to apply for a US visa but i can't assure you that she can get the visa that she wants. her job here can be assurance to the US embassy that she will come back and that's her ace + the bankbook + the land title. just some proof that she can afford to travel. that's the way US embassy rules here.  your proof of income might help, but as i said you both can test the water and give it a try. just bring umbrella  ;)  its rainy season here already  :D

good luck & Godbless :)

ABCDiamond wrote:
lizzie zoria wrote:

It sounds like the US tourist visa is much harder than an Australian one.  For the Australian one it seems that no real financial proof, or employment confirmation, is required for the lady. But a written promise of support from the person being visited is needed.

yes dear  :)  its really hard for filipino to get US visa here.. :huh: unless you have enough proof that your going back to philippines. well, many years ago someone gets US tourist visa and never came back. that's why the US embassy tighten their belts on giving US tourist visa or any visa to filipino. we all can blame her/him. i want to blame that person too :dumbom:  but sad to say i really don't know his/her name  :D

Just be aware that you can do all the above but when your at the immigration counter at NAIA, they can refuse to allow her to board, especially if she is young and attractive. Complain as much as you like, but human trafficking is prevalent. My good friend had his girlfriend blocked, even with a business visa issued to her.

Hello everyone,  may I ask. 

How can I visit Australia without any bank account,  because I don't have any work yet I'm still looking,  but I have a boyfriend who can take care of me there and he will be the one who's gonna take care of my financial stuff and needs.

dhnindc wrote:

Just be aware that you can do all the above but when your at the immigration counter at NAIA, they can refuse to allow her to board, especially if she is young and attractive. Complain as much as you like, but human trafficking is prevalent. My good friend had his girlfriend blocked, even with a business visa issued to her.

I (54 years old) Just took my GF (25 years old) to Thailand and Vietnam, and had no problems leaving NAIA.  I have covered our preparation and the process under another topic on this site.

If you take your Filipina  GF / wife on a holiday please consider getting travel insurance for them.

@ GloryJoy > You are on the Philippines forum, as your request concerns Australia, it is best that you post directly on the Australia forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Oh thank you Priscilla.  Like to be honest this will be my first time travel so I just need some advices.  But thanks a lot.   :)