Multiple filing of S pass or EP before starting to work in Singapore.

Hi,

I am presently In India.I got a job offer in Singapore and my employer prepared the documentation to file a S pass for me.I think they will start the processing in a day or two.

But, I got another job offer now from another employer, say E2 with a pretty better salary than the first one.The employer E2 is also ready to file a S pass or P2 employment pass for me.But this will take a weeks time.

I can't hold the first employer until a week as I already filled out all the information for the S pass and submitted to them. Also, In case if I tell my first employer that I am not interested to work them, there's a chance that I will end up loosing both the offers.

Once my S pass filed by my first employer is approved, can there be any other filing for me again from another employer either for S pass or P2 employment pass before I actually enter Singapore?

Please let me know if am not clear.

Thanks in advance.

Bye.

it should be possible to have two concurrent applications. An in-principle approval letter does not mean you are already employed, hence there is no need to cancel that (you'll just let it lapse - usually they give 3 months to show up after approval).

Applications can usually be processed quite fast by the MoM (matter of days), so you'll be probably fixed on your first application before the second one goes through, your best chance is to speed up things with the second one, so you can hold off the first offer.

You can only have ONE application and ONE work pass at a time.
Thus your first application has to be cancelled before another one can be submitted.
Once you have collected your first S-Pass and started work, another employer can apply for another pass for you. But your first employer will know about it (and probably fire you quickly, if you're still in probation).
MoM (the minsitry deciding on such applications) does not like job-hoppers and confused people, thus submitting several will lower your chances to get any.

Hi,

I am in India at the moment.I got a job offer in Singapore from E1 (employer1) & also IPA from MOM mapped to E1.

But, I got another job offer now from E2 (another employer), which I am interested to take up.

Can i get another IPA from MOM mapped to E2 as well, without letting E1 know about it. Once i have confirmed IPA from MOM mapped to E2, i can let E1 know on change in plans.

Is this possible, what is the usual SOP in this case?

Please let me know if am not clear.

Thanks in advance!

As I said before in this thread, you can only have ONE application running at any one time. Thus you'd have to cancel (or convert to an actual EP) your current IPA with E1before E2 can apply for another EP for you.

Can this cost me rejection by any chances?

E2 will not even be able to submit your EP application - they will just be told that you have another ongoing application and only one is possible at a time.

Thanks. Really appreciate your suggestions.