Moving back after 29 years

Hi, I am thinking of moving back after 29 years in the US.  My friends and family are all advising me against it.  Could anyone please share their reasons for moving or returning to Trinidad, and why it was a great move?  Thank you fog your input.

My whole family scared me so much when I was moving back i thought against it. Now I am back I am happy I came back. I have no car that ok I take a Maxi for 4 tt dollars n I go anywhere I want to go short drop 4 dollars long drop is 8 dollars.I got me a place in St.Augustine be prepared to pay top dollar for renting unless you staying by family or friends.I have my family around n I made friends too.be careful crossing the road it not overseas but it can be done.remember safety rules no flashing of money and change all money at the bank .i am enjoying it very much dont let people scare you.come on down.you will be glad you did.

Thanks so much for the kind encouragement Nancy!  I am coming down July 18th and staying in Malabar, just to "test waters" this trip.  I myself will have no car for a period, but I am used to taking maxis everywhere too.  I don't mind, but of course my family is telling me that the Muslims are fighting Rastas and I need to be careful traveling on maxis! :-(.   If you could think of any other tips, I do appreciate it.  My husband and I are in our early-ish forties with no kids, and looking for a stress and snow free existence.  Also, if you would like to meet up, I will be there from July 18-28.  Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the kind encouragement Nancy!  I am coming down this summer and  staying in Malabar, just to "test waters" this trip.  I myself will have no car for a period, but I am used to taking maxis everywhere too.  I don't mind, but of course my family is telling me that the Muslims are fighting Rastas and I need to be careful traveling on maxis! :-(.   If you could think of any other tips, I do appreciate it. Also, if you would like to meet up, Please send a private message!  Thanks again!

I am sure that not true I am a single lady travelling alone.and I yet to see bullet flying or fighting it things like that had me terrified sure I love to meet you if I am not working.just relax and it will be lovely. Have bottle water csuse you dont know where how safe those tank water is .everybody has tanks yet i dont know if they using chemicals for bacteria.so come on down enjoy just practise safety like you was home.

Me and my Trini wife live around Arima too. Hit us up after you arrive. Frankly, here can be very frustrating for various reasons. For example, I had a lot of trouble getting the right to work and there are few places that are nice to chill especially in the East. But as newlyweds, it was "easier" and cheaper to start out here as opposed to having my wife apply for US residency.

Hello everybody,

I created a new topic from your posts on the Trinidad and Tobago forum. You will be more likely to exchange on this thread.

Cheers,
Bhavna :)

Hi I just came back from Trinidad in July, My last  visit was was 23 years ago, I am hoping to renovate a property in Maraval.  I would welcome any friendships, I am a bit nervous because I have lived in Canada and the US most of my life!  While I was there the locals was telling me the usual stories of all the bad things about living there.  I do want to relocate and give it a try! I had no problem opening a bank account, or obtaining documents from government agencies, as a matter of fact I was impressed by the level of professionalism I encountered. The only bad experience I had was trying buy coconut water from one vendor, the other two coconut vendors was very nice.

Hi I just came back from Trinidad in July, My last  visit was was 23 years ago, I am hoping to renovate a property in Maraval.  I would welcome any friendships, I am a bit nervous because I have lived in Canada and the US most of my life!  While I was there the locals was telling me the usual stories of all the bad things about living there.  I do want to relocate and give it a try! I had no problem opening a bank account, or obtaining documents from government agencies, as a matter of fact I was impressed by the level of professionalism I encountered. The only bad experience I had was trying buy coconut water from one vendor, the other two coconut vendors was very nice.

-@atherleydianne

Coconut water is good for your daughter. Enjoy life in the paradise.Do you want to buy a house in Arima?