Life in the maldives for a 24 year old girl

hi i am hoping to move to ranagli island to work as a spa therapist however i think i need a reality check before i up my life on a 2 year contract.

has any one worked there before? how are the conditions for staff compared to guests?

hope some one can help

thanks
sarah

Dear Sarah

Greetings!

My name is Mohamed, i am originally from Maldives. I lived in Maldives almost 24 years. Currently i am living and doing business in South Korea.
Since i am from South Ari Atoll where Rangali Island Locates, i thought i would be able to help you with any information you want.
Rangali island is a good resort in Maldives, compare to most of the resorts in Maldives. Rangali staff accommodations, food, and other staff facilities also great.

I am not sure about your monthly salary, but i guess you would be able to get service charge also on top of salary.

Anyway i have so many brothers and cousins also working in Rangali and i never heard about anything bad about the resort.

When you look on the resort itself, its one of the best location in Maldives, where famous for Whale sharks and other famous marine fishes. And also Rangali have the world first open underwater restaurant as well.

Since when you work in Maldives, you would be able to get one day off every week. On your off day, you would be able to do some snorkeling, water sports activities, and diving. And also if you want visit some local island (near by ) you would be able visit too. So you would be able to enjoy Maldives while working there.

Since your question is " how are the conditions for staff compared to guests?" i would say, you can not compare to guests, since guest pay for their vacation to resort. You are going there to work. So i guess there are huge different between both lines. Anyway as a staff, i guess we don't see much complain from Rangali Employees.

Anyway if you have any more specific question, please send me an email to my email id   [email protected]

Kind Regards
Mohamed Ibrahim

Thanks that's really helpful!