Response on a request posted on the blog on 18/06/2015

Hi. I posted a request on the Expat.com on the 18/06/2015 but nobody replied yet ? I need advise on the topic of that we are planning to open a FAST FOOD franchise store in the new mall that they busy building in Tete. Is ther any body out there that can look at my post and please try and help by answering.
Thank you.

Good morning

Please advise what you would like to know about the fast food business in tete. I am a Mozambique national and have in depth knowledge of the take away and restaurant business in tete and the north of our country

Regards
Elio

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Hi Elio.

We would like to know if it will be financially viable to open a modern FAST FOOD outlet in Tete?

Please advise.

Kind regards.
TJ

Hi

The only way for the business to be financially viable will depend on firstly the food, which group of people you are targeting and that normally has got to do with your pricing. The advantage of opening a takeaway in tete is that the there is a boom in big international companies operating there thus a lot of young male people from Maputo are base there and depend on take aways and believe they would welcome a new taste as long as its different and with quality and the wright price. So I would say it is financially viable.

Regards
Elio Mutola

Hi Elio.
Thanks for your input. Firstly, we are a professional company that has stores operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, China, India, UK, and many other countries. If i can compare our food, it is very much like a brand that you most probably know. The brand that you can compare us with is NANDO'S. The difference though is that we are "cheaper" than them and we have a "wider" variety on our menu. We also plan to open up in the latest shopping center in Tete. That is the center that will have the SHOPRITE CHECKERS store.We also plan to do deliveries for people that phone in and place an order for food/take aways. We strongly believe that because there is NO recognised food outlets in Tete city, we can make this work. What do you think?
Kindest regards.

Hi
I think the plan to open at the shopping mall is a good a idea and the difference will be on the delivery, it will be appreciated by your clients in tete because at this moment the informal delivery are taking advantage e.g people cook at home and then put all the food in the car and then drive to companies and sell. The problem with this is there is no variety in the menu but most importantly is the higien factor. I am familiar with nandos, it is big south African if your concept is similar with the delivery then I definitely see success in tete.

Regards
Elio Mutola