Things to do in Budapest during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Budapest?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Budapest?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hi check out the links

budapestbylocals.com/events/

budapesteventsguide.com

welovebudapest.com/budapest.and.hungary/2015.calendar.of.events.and.festivals.in.hungary

There are magazines that you can pick up at cafes etc like Funzine or even the Taxi magazine i normally get it at Pad Thai in Goszdu udvar (garden) off Kiraly utca.
Hope this helps.

I know from experience that there used to be a ton of free events going on all over Budapest a good 10 years back.
These days most events in the city seem more geared for vendors selling over priced junk and food.
Used to be free folk dances going on, live rock music in the park all sorts of fun and free things.
They had vendors selling junk and food back then too but it was not the main focus as it appears now.
Most people on this site have no clue what I am on about because most were not here 10-15 years ago.
You know the saying money talks and "shite" walks, it has come down to money.
Of course for those into sports it is still fun to ride a bike or walk in the Buda mountains.
I still have not given up on once again buying a kayak and going down the Danube.
It all depends on what time of year it is in the city too.
I understand these vendors and cafe owners have paid to show their wears or to move onto the sidewalks in the city to the point where people just passing by are an after thought. I can not explain how very cool Budapest was getting around the year 1990-2004, something went sour, it has turned into a Disneyland for tourists, locals have been forgotten for the most part.It is all about gouging the visitors and nothing left for the locals.
Of course we can all go eat out etc. but I know for most locals it costs too much to take their families out for a meal.
The spas have gotten way too pricey for most HU to use. Everyone is out for the quick buck and no care about those left behind.
I personally used to go to the gym or lakes every weekend, now that we are retired we usually use the pools and lakes on weekdays when it is not so busy.
We still go to the beer garden in the city park once in awhile for some live music and drinks with friends.
Still enjoy taking walks on nice days and looking at the fantastic buildings.