Information about General life at Uganda

HI,

At present I am trying to migrate to Uganda for the purpose of the job from India & very much interested to know about the General life at Uganda who comes from India.?How is food whether Indian veg. food is available.what is about accommodation for Bachelors.?

Thanks

hello Avinash Airolikar and welcome on board :)

While waiting for members to revert back, I invite you to check out threads in our Everyday life in Uganda section of the forum

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Uganda is a typical Sb saharan African country with high birth rate and poverty laden.
This country main teaching language is English so you will not have much difficulty while dealing with people.
Mostly christian and a little part Muslim.
No high-rise buildings most buildings are single storied and very few upto 4 stories.
General people are frankly towards expat..But some new generation is rude as well.
To venture past dark in rural or suburban area is not advisable.
Working time is daylight time.
Indian and western food easily available and not too much costly.
Ugandan people use rise,chapati and roots and banana.
Staple food is posho ( boiled Corn flour).
Generally India companies employ people with food included in their package.
India companies employ cook either from India or local but they do serve you indian food.
Outside Indian punjabi food is available without great hassle.
You can employ Ugandan lady to cook your Indian food not a big deal.
I hope you have read your agreement carefully.
Some of the Indian company may cheat you regarding your agreement companies like Marj export, Mayuge Sugar,Modern steel are notorious for exploiting their employees.
Only one advise read your employment agreement carefully.