How to meet British people in Marrakech????

Hi I am a season worker and have just moved to Marrakech a month ago and find it is the hardest country I have lived in to make friends.
What do other people do?
Is there a place that English people hang out?
Help my social life is non existent.....

Network with them:

Select nationalities - English

https://www.expat.com/en/network/africa … marrakech/

Add them to contact/send them a message, and arrange something with them! They are probably looking for the same thing!

Hi,

I am coming to Marrakech for a month on the 6th July, I was thinking the same thing, have you met many English people while you are out there? How are you finding the place to live?

Scott :)

I work for Thompson so I live in a hotel... I haven't met any English people living here... And it's hard to make friends with the locals...

Hey Robyn,

I am coming out there on Monday so if you are still there then i may see you around :)

There is an English pub quiz at 'Cafe de Livre' every Monday - check that out

you might also contact the BBG to ask about their next social event: britishbusinessgroupmarrakech.com/

Hello,
A lot of British people hang out at Café Clock in the medina! They have a facebook page!

Might be an obvious answer but what's the Facebook page name? Looking to network with others too.

Im shocked you have found it so hard.moroccans are very friendly and love meeting new cultures especially English people. Surely working in a hotel gives you access to lots of potential friends?  I think you just have to put in extra leg work ...make yourself available, swap phone numbers etc.

If you speak French then you're 99% of the way there.i don't unfortunately but it still hasn't stopped me meeting people .

Are you looking to mix or looking for a familiar face ie fellow expats?

Hi I'm English and live here!

Also try visiting Cafe Clock, its owned by an english guy and there's always events to meet other people.. thats where I met most of my friends when I first moved here.

Nice meeting you am from guinee lives in Casablanca morocco.I study in British workshop in casablanca .am Mimi thanks

Yes really

Yes really email ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct