Buying a vehicle in Tunisa

Is anyone familiar with the process for buy a vehicle in Tunisia? Is it possible for an expat? If so, how does one register the sale and vehicle?  Thanks!

Hi, I am looking to buy a car too.

Let me know if you find a way to buy it.

I will do the same in case I find something.

Thanks.

I would like to know the cost of buying a second hand scooter in sousse and efcours a good adress where i can buy it cheap

you are much better buying from a registered dealer.He will do all the paperwork and you also will have a guarantee.Do not touch one being sold apart from this as lots have problems,are unregistered etc

clumberdog,I second that!
Even though i was cautious (since it was my first car),i was stuck with a vw mk5 golf,the car looked super fine,43'504 km,well maintained(checked the service booklet,checked the car at ennakl tunis(official vw dealer),i was also helped by a friend(mechanic engineer),everything was cool until it brokdown at 93'- km!!!! after days at the workshop they said it was the dual clutch transmission calculator(mechatronic) and that since the warranty is exceeded i had to pay the hole thing! 5600 tnd :o:o ,more ironic,i had just finished the oil change plus the timing belt and the water pump change...

Cars in Tunisia are not well  done maintenance. Better to buy a new brand car otherwise you will get a crap car.

Just too risky buying non dealer.Sorry for the trouble you experienced xx

In Tunisia you can register a car in your name when you have the residence permit!

I am thinking to sell my car to buy a Mercedes. The car came from France and has now a Tunisia license plate. It is a Peugeot 508, 2011, 109.000 KM, diesel, European GPS, Automatic / Manual (both), super economic, ECO System, Bluetooth, connect telephone, USB, in excellent conditions and I am asking 40.000 TND. :top:

E-Mail: ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting external link on the Forum please + share in private pls