Moving from South Africa to Uruguay

Hallo there.

I live in Cape town and am a South African.
I am a Health and Safety officer with First Aid skills.. I don't know anybody there. What would be the way to go to get a living and workers permit. I know that South Africans can visit the Country without a Visa.
Should I do my research in Uruguay on a holiday Visa on how to get the papers.
Any help and advice is appreciated.

Hi Michael,

I would suggest you do some research on what documents are necessary or hire a consultant to advise you before you come as there may be some documentation you need from your country of residence. There is nothing stopping you from coming and living as a tourist for as long as they are willing to stamp your passport every 6 months when you would have to leave the country and re-enter.

Michael.
I have the same qualifications as you and skillset.
Please touch base with me on whatsapp 0741944493 to discuss leaving CT for Uruguay.
I can't do SA any more...
:-(

I doubt you will find work without fluent Spanish here. Also expect low wages - a highschool teacher friend only makes approx. $1,200 US per month.  Many make less and work at two or more jobs to make ends meet. I believe to work legally you will need to have applied for permanent residency or get a company to offer you work and apply for a temporary workers permit for you.

Most of the population and jobs are in Montevideo.   From my observation of local workers, health and safety requirements are pretty far down the list!

focusproperties wrote:

I would suggest you do some research on what documents are necessary or hire a consultant to advise you before you come....

Focus's comments are sound, except I don't think you necessarily need to pay someone for advice before you get here.

In my experience, you can ask a question or two at least via email, of an immigration attorney or facilitator gratis.

Is it my imagination...or is Focus a dead ringer for the brilliant North American character actor Joe Pantoliano?

cccmedia in Quito

DOH! And I was trying to remain incognito. Guess I might as well go back to acting.

focusproperties wrote:

DOH! And I was trying to remain incognito. Guess I might as well go back to acting.

A response delivered in the inimitable wise-cracking style of the great "Joey Pants." :top: