Salary in Kuwait

I got job offer for package salary of 750 KD to work as engineer in kuwait, I want to know if this fair salary for engineer?

Welcome to bs_clemente :)

Hope that members soon give you more info about the cost of living in Kuwait. Also, i would suggest that you view the various discussions in the Kuwait forum.

Have a look at the discussion Living cost in Sharq Kuwait. It would give you a basic idea.

Regards,
Sheetul

@ sheetul: thanks 4 ur reply

Hi,
The average salaries for engineers[NOW in Kuwait] is in the range of KD 550-850.All depends on your engineering major,past experience.Now saying this means basic salary and you would get extra allowances to cover accommodation,health insurance,and so on. The job market demand is weak these days in Kuwait but it would improve in the coming 6 months-12 months when these mega projects are approved and start to go.
You get more than this[KD 750] but you have to accept different work environment,such as site work and longer hours.

Hi,
Are we talking per week or per month?

first of all this is a good salary for a phlipino in kuwait.. in kuwait it matters that you are from where....if india or Bangladash salary for eng.. will be 250 - 350 and if from USA it starts from 1000 - 1400 kd per month... you did not wrote about yoru job or type of engineering... if electrical or civil i cna beleive 750 is ok for 20 year old eng.. see you...

Hello , i havent checked your profile and i dont exactly know how old u r , but the thing is you cant be an engineer before 22 i beleive , but any how , if you are fresh and have 1-2 year of experience and they company offers your an accomodation and transportation separately (approx 300-400 kd) then 750 dosent sounds bad - if not then 750 might be slightly tight keeping in mind a decent appartment without sharing can cost you around 170-220 in salmiya area. and a taxi ride to and from office is 3 Kd a day and eating at McDonalds with an upsize can cost ya around 1.75 KD per meal and fancy meals at places like TGIF , ruby tuesday , divas , nenos and other woudl cost you around 4-7 for the main course and additonal 1-2 for  the drink and stuff and a box of water for 1.5X12 bottle costing from 1 KD to 2.5 kd a box , so keeping all these stuff in mind you might be able to plan slightly better . Plus if you would like to buy a car for ur self then put around 3 K to 4 K for a toyota/honda 2008/2009 for examle althought you have a lot of options to choose from in this range like in chevrolet and stuff but that not important at this point the utility bills at the appartment are usually covered in teh rent otherwise if usually dosent exceeds over 10 kd a month thats wayyyyy to much thats what i pay to my land lord but frankly i think its not more then 5 kd a month . anyway to conclude , if this is a perminant job with a multinational then 750 is okay for a start caz salary matters when you would apply the visa for your family and they may accept or reject depending upon ur salary - judging your capability to sponser the memmber of ur fmaily you are callign to kuwait . last and one of teh important point , do ask you compnay i fthey are offerign you medical , if they say yes , aks them if this is only the medical that the state of Kuwait provides or do they also offer you a medical from soem private insurer caz medical is hell expensive here and trust me you dont wana get sick if you dont have a medical care , but to eb honest the govt. hospitals are better then the provate ones , but just in case its always better to have a private medical care (so do i think) if you still like to know more , write to me ... good luck , cheers

and dont mind the spelling mistakes ,,, i m just sleepy :)

Btw i read my own post and it sounds slightly discouraging and i think i should have been more figurative so here is what you can do ,, search for  ablgo called desert girl in kuwait somethign she lists down the prices of several stuff which will help ypu plan better .. also check out justlanded , its a website and from there you might get the idea of how much does it costs to rent/share an appartment .. and as i have said earlir , if there is something else you wana know write to me .. cheers

thakz u all guyz for the info and advice, actually for your questions, i am 34 yrs old, electrical engineer, working as facilities engineer for 12 yrs. Its a multinational company who offer me the job, i need your advice if the company offer me a fair salary of 750KD including housing & transportation allowance. thanks again

hi , 750 a month including eveything is not a fair salary for a person of ur technical experience and experties.

actually i getting same salary now working for 3 yrs from my present job here in saudi under arab company, i only consider the offer becoz i think since the company is UK based, im thinking that i will have a better career and salary opportunity in the long run. what can u zay?

Dear friend.

As you mentioned company belongs to UK. i thingh offer is good for you.in respect of saudi.:)

Mukhtar

@muktar: thanks bro.

Dear Friend,

its OK, any help in kuwait please do replay.

Best Regards

Mukhtar

@bs_clemente

It seems a good offer keeping in mind that company is a multinational.

@ahmadkwt:  thanks bro.

Hi friend.

What about your plan to joint duty in kuwait.

Best regards

Mukhtar

@muktar: I plan to go to Kuwait by end of next month

do you have a degree or a saudi driving licence? because it going to be difficult to obtain kuwait licenceif you donot have any of those if you are not a westerner. and personally you could try and get some more money from the company.

@saint12: yes i have a degree in electrical engineering and i have a saudi driving license, i tried to ask the company to raise the offer but they rejected it, i think i will try to work for a year and only after that i can know if the company is good or not.

Dear friend

Good Morning.

Thats good decition from you because you will fell better in kuwait than saudi.

Best regards

Mukhtar

First of all my greetings to all my kuwaiti brothers, i am egyptian and i get a job in kuwait in an international university as " Admission Officer " please i need your advice honestly what is the fair Salary for this position ???
Best Regards

Yea its a good salary

Go Forward
Best luck

Hii,
M also an electrical engineer having 5 yrs. experience. I got an offer from MNC with 600KD including everythg.Company is providing only transportation. Is it the avg. salary or its less?

Also what the cost of 1BR furnished home approx.?

Regards

amumotka wrote:

Hii,
M also an electrical engineer having 5 yrs. experience. I got an offer from MNC with 600KD including everythg.Company is providing only transportation. Is it the avg. salary or its less?

Also what the cost of 1BR furnished home approx.?

Regards

Your work salary rang is between 500 KD to 1000 KD depend on your experience.

1 bed room is around 150 KD to 200 KD also depend on the area but if you want empty 1BR, it will cost you 100 KD to 150 KD

i dont get it with these people coming here to ask for "salary estimates".

there is no standard as such, you can work for one firm which will offer you X amount, and another firm can offer you X+ amount, but you got your offer from X, understand?

there is no minimum wage here. theres no equating of salaries for professions.

please note that in todays job market, there are plenty of candidates with similar experience, backgrounds, certifications etc. as you. if you hold back to negotiate on an offer, or to ponder it, they will just go to the next candidate.

that being said, im not saying you should jump on an opportunity that comes immediately. but, like target pricing, you can ask about the prices of things, rent etc. that i agree with. and that people are extremely helpful with. rent in one area is different than rent in another.

BUT, asking about salaries is not recommended, because every company is different, and in the end, the choice is yours. compare it to what u get currently, and make a choice.

+ you are getting advice from strangers, what if i were to say engineers get paid 3000KD, who is to verify that?

@legacy..
I HIGHLY AGREED WITH YOU..

KD 750 is a pretty decent offer for a Filipino Expat though if you try to bargain at least an accomodation allowance (KD 100-150) and a Private medical insurance, that would be better.

hi,
the salary you will get for this engineering job in Kuwait will depend on your qualifications and experience on one hand and the seniority of the position and type of organisation you are applying to on another hand. I suggest you try to look at what salary ranges are in general for a professional with your profile who does work in Kuwait - Bayt.com's salary platform will be helpful, am sure: bayt.com/en/salaries/countries/kuwait/

I highly recommend you do on the the following:

1- propose a counter offer: 925 KD or 850 KD + car so you negotiate because HR's here offer you the least so they pay you what they have in mind if you ask for little more

2- just send an email asking few questions:
do I get medical insurance
how much is the annual bonus?
how much salary increment do i get every year
does your company pay acoomodation car allowans...?
s
questions like these open room for discussion and you will win something extra at the end.

Just do not accept immediately like you're dying to get the job. but do the above ONLY if you got a job offer (written)

bs_clemente wrote:

I got job offer for package salary of 750 KD to work as engineer in kuwait, I want to know if this fair salary for engineer?

Hi Mr. Bs_clemente,

Yeah it's good offer if you are free accomodation as well.

Good luck,

Dhaeyan

hi

i am Mechanical Engineer (8 yrs exp.) from India.

I hav been offered KD1600 per month

Is that sufficient fro me to stay with wife & kid?

legacy wrote:

i dont get it with these people coming here to ask for "salary estimates".

there is no standard as such, you can work for one firm which will offer you X amount, and another firm can offer you X+ amount, but you got your offer from X, understand?

there is no minimum wage here. theres no equating of salaries for professions.

please note that in todays job market, there are plenty of candidates with similar experience, backgrounds, certifications etc. as you. if you hold back to negotiate on an offer, or to ponder it, they will just go to the next candidate.

that being said, im not saying you should jump on an opportunity that comes immediately. but, like target pricing, you can ask about the prices of things, rent etc. that i agree with. and that people are extremely helpful with. rent in one area is different than rent in another.

BUT, asking about salaries is not recommended, because every company is different, and in the end, the choice is yours. compare it to what u get currently, and make a choice.

+ you are getting advice from strangers, what if i were to say engineers get paid 3000KD, who is to verify that?

Totally agreed. welcome to Kuwait, ofcourse its much better place than saudi

(moderated: no free ads please)

Legacy,

If I may, I would like to respond to you.  I think people who are asking about salary range is because they want to have an idea of what is acceptable or within range even if there are not min wage in Kuwait.  I dont think is a farfetch question, is very realistic and logical.  I would want to have an idea of what others are being paid with other companies in the area in order to make a determination if the offers X company gave "me" is within acceptable range in the area.

For the sake of discussion if for an eng. in Kuwait earns 600kd to 1000KD, (from ppl people response), but X company offered me 300kd.. Dont u think it was worth to ask around?

notice that there is a sticky on the subject of "Salaries" in Kuwait on the forum? People should read that first before asking whether or not their salary is adequate, as anything else is just repeating the same idea over and over and over. unless you are asking someone that works for the same company as you, you will never get a proper answer with salaries. and even if, forget not that salaries in Kuwait are affected by more than experience.

read the post.

I do stand by my comments and If I was in the same situation as the individual who inquired about salary.. I probably would had done the same as he did.  In my humble opinion is better to have an idea of what other companies are paying than none at all.
Yes, there are many factors that affect salaries, no doubt about it.
I do respect your opinion, is just a matter, or views/perceptions, but i do stand by what I wrote. Dont you think is better some info than none info at all!!! there is not right, or wrong answers, we are just expressing our views... I guess we have to agree to disagree..Cheers Amigo....

Hi everyone. i would like to ask some help and a quick inquiry of how much monthly income do a common salesperson, (like for example working in an apparel store) receive in Kuwait?

Thank you so much

@ Legacy
i totally disagree with u.........
as everyone else said...........ppl ask n search for the salary estimate probably in order to answer the "Expected Salary" question!!
Yes! even i googled same n have found out ths discussion, wch is quite fruitful for me........
in my case im applying for the Visual Merchandising job in kuwait, for which i dont have any idea what they pay here!
There is only 1 leading retailing company  here = ALSHAYA.......
Also, in India they give starting 20k INR(100KD), in US it is $22k(2000KD)...... so since the difference is drastic, hence the general idea about the company n country where wer applying has 2 be taken!!

well!! now since u all now my intention, so do suggest me that what should my expected salary here?? :):D