What are the requirements to apply for family joining visa?

Is it true that if you want your family to join you before you can apply for their visa you must have a flat rented under your name? My husband is just currently sharing a flat with his co-workers. Also my husband's basic salary is only 420 OMR but he also gets housing, food and conveyance allowance so all in all he get 800 OMR salary per month. I also heard to apply for joining visa he must have a basic salary of 600 OMR. So does this means that he is not qualified to apply joining visa for us? And also that salary mentioned above, would that be enough if we move in there with him? I mean we have 3 kids, 2 are in middle school grade 6 and 7 and our youngest is only 18 months.

Datanjan,
I'm really sorry to inform that your husband is not qualified to apply for the family visa due to his "Basic Salary". It must be atleast OMR 600.

Datanjan 15 July 2014 01:02:44
Is it true that if you want your family to join you before you can apply for their visa you must have a flat rented under your name? My husband is just currently sharing a flat with his co-workers. Also my husband's basic salary is only 420 OMR but he also gets housing, food and conveyance allowance so all in all he get 800 OMR salary per month. I also heard to apply for joining visa he must have a basic salary of 600 OMR. So does this means that he is not qualified to apply joining visa for us? And also that salary mentioned above, would that be enough if we move in there with him? I mean we have 3 kids, 2 are in middle school grade 6 and 7 and our youngest is only 18 months.

Dear Datanjan,

It is true that Oman New law states that The applicant must have Attested Labour contract form for 600 Riyals as basic salary. Further more he should have rental agreement registered in his name. The company could give him an revised contract to help him out and if he can get the shared flat onto his name re- registered, then your problem would be solved.

Thank you so much for the reply. Very helpful.

Well to bring family 1st time he has to show bank statement what is his income. It has to be in total more than 600. All companies must deposit salary in bank and they r linked with manpower ministry. Further for new visas and family joiners he must show to immigration the original flat contract that has to b under his name. Well 800 may not b enough to afford good living standard as schools r v expensive. Rest is hour choice. Good luck

My husband is a general cook for a reputed company. And his salary is 650.00RO. is there any problem with the catagary for him to get family resident visa for me

Hi angelika1958,

Please note that this thread here is a bit old :)

Feel free to start a new topic with all your questions on the Oman Forum for better visibility :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks and sory because it is new to me

angelika1958 wrote:

My husband is a general cook for a reputed company. And his salary is 650.00RO. is there any problem with the catagary for him to get family resident visa for me

Hi angelika1958,

Well, if your husband's company has no objections to him bringing his family / you over, I don't foresee the authorities raising any undue objections.

But yes, there are certain categories /levels / designations where the employees are not allowed this privilege though.

It would be better to check with your husband's company on what to expect.