I would like to import second hand bike: what about import duties?

I would like to import a second hand Honda Silverwing to Bali, value around €3000. How does it work with importation? What is the best way to do this? What kind of import duties, taxes, fees, etc. can I expect?

Thanks for any useful info.

Marc

not sure, there is a new law since juli 1 that y don't have to pay import taxes on luxurious goods, so its a grey area until now...

I know of the luxury tax and value added tax.
The the hops skips and jumps you have to get a bike in the road that'll be worse than useless anyway.
Roads here just don't support big bikes, even if you manage to get it into the country, and register it here. You'll have to go through local registration to get legal number plates, and you'll have a game with the insurance.

Sell it and forget it.

totally agree, your better off selling it, getting it through customs and pay off will set you back a lot, and all the paperwork will give y a headache, before getting it on plates, it will cost y time an money, and I think you cannot legally sell it, so y have to bring out of the country again, if you should continue with the project it will cost you like 100 percent extra, I am sure it not worth it.