30k > 50k, true? Malta Vs Germany

Hi all!

Two people, one working and living in Germany with a gross annual salary of 50k euro and the other in Malta with 30k euro gross annual salary.

From what I see in this forum, expenses of living in Germany is by at least magnitude of two higher than that of Malta.

For example, accommodation will cost you 400 euro for fully furnished two bedrooms apartment in Malta, whereas in Germany it costs at least 1000 euro. Other examples are bills and public transportation.

So, the question is, which one will be happier ?  :dumbom:

1. Happiness is not defined primarily by financial situation.
2. There are places in Germany where a 2BR apartment is far cheaper than what you mentione for Malta - e.g. remote countryside or Eastern Germany's economically depressed regions.
3. What do you want to achieve by asking this question?

1. By happiness I mean which one will be in a better financial situation. I am not referring to real happiness here, of course financial matters are not the sole parameter of happiness - total misunderstanding here.

2. Why are you taking extreme examples, lets keep with average figures.
(economically depressed regions in Germany, what?! then I am eager to know what you will call Greece those days :) )

3. Relax man, out of curiosity, I am just trying to have idea on the living costs in both countries - total misunderstanding here too.

Yes, Germany has huge internal differences in economic situation, prosperity and living costs. You can check numbeo.org:
Munich (reputedly Germany's most expensive city) has a consumer price index (CPI, excl. rent) of 70.5 (100=New York) and a rent index of 35.5, with a local purchasing power (LPP) of 166 (i.e. the locals are effecitively 65% richer than New Yorkers).
None of the really poor Eastern cities (e.g. Frankfurt/Oder, Cottbus, Rostock) are part of their statistics, so I use Leipzig (550k people) as example: CPI there is 64 (10% less than Munich), rent index 16 (55% less than Munich) and LPP 107 (36% below Munich). Other places (like the ones mentioned above), and especially the countryside, fare worse - you can buy a house there for one year's rent in Munich!
Sliema, the only Maltese place listed, has a CPI of 64, rent index of 19.4 and LPP of 117.
Given the weather (a more important factor for happiness), I know where I'd rather live!