I'm vietnamese, need to learn english!

hello expaters!

Sorry if this post bothering you

I'm vietnamese, a web developer.
I'm looking for a chance to learn english, i want to make friend with othesr who good at english.
what i can offer:  teach you vietnam culture,Vietnamese, tour guide, invite you for some coffee, create website for you....
look forward to hear from you soon.

my info:
facebook: facebook.com/hien.tran.942
phone number: ***
please help me!

Thanks a lot.

hi
its interesting that you create web sites ...i am from sweden and live in ho chi minh city ....hope we can be friends

hi,

sure, i have over 4 years of experience in web development, worked with a lot of foreigners client but my english still not good.
could you please send message me via phone then i can reach you?

thanks

I am also a web developer, nice to meet you all :D

i was a WD too,

Nice to meet you. I might be able to help you out.

-Daniel

Maybe I can help if you PM me. I teach english here in HCM.

fuermadw wrote:

Nice to meet you. I might be able to help you out.

-Daniel

Thanks a lot

philip983 wrote:

Maybe I can help if you PM me. I teach english here in HCM.

Thank you, I will.

I am a Expat in Nha Trang from more than 10 years
I have dual nationality French & Australian..
I like to open a pratical english school to help vietnam students get familiar with practical conversation in English
I, myself speak 6 linguists..
Maybe we can help each other..
Tell me your thoughts at:**** 
Waiting to hear from you...
Kind regards
JP (philong)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

now I am still in the US,but will be coming beginning of September to HCM and stay 6 months.
If you still need by that time,call me
Edward

I would love to talk to you more about the chance to teach you English and learn Vietnamese. I could use help building a website as well! Hope we can help each other see success!

Korus.nokovo wrote:

I would love to talk to you more about the chance to teach you English and learn Vietnamese. I could use help building a website as well! Hope we can help each other see success!

Thank you.

Hi nice to meet you my name is Leo
I live in London trying to move there in next 1/2 years
I am Italian but also English native speaking and I want learn vietnamese, we can cut or video call on FaceTime or Skype
:)

Nice to meet you all, my name Ngọc
I'm looking for a chance to learn english,too
I'm a electrical engineer, i live in HCMC

:D

I will be back in September and could give you free lessons.
Contact me
Edward

Hi all,
I am a programmer too.
I would like to make friend with all of you. Hope to meet you soon!

Hey  i am looking for a web guy who can  Simple english.  I am going to hcm in august.  I can teach you and you teach me in vietnam

Thanks

now still in the US but will come to HCMC in September.
Call me then at xxx
Edward

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your phone number in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
My name is Alex and I am from NY. I am planning to visit HCMC  before July 30th and I will be more than happy to teach you English. Contact me by e-mail .... *********.com

Best wishes.

Alex

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your personal email address

Just a word of caution regarding Expats being approached to "teach" English to people here.

Yogi has been approached numerous times by people who can already speak English.😜

Most of the time it's usually an attempt for Visa sponsorship or Job prospects in your home country. Other times it will be someone trying to get a business partner.  $$$$    Just be careful.

Are you web dev freelancer?

Thanks

thanks

Hi Yogi,
Thanks for the early warning and I appreciate that!

Regards,

Alex

Yogi007 wrote:

Just a word of caution regarding Expats being approached to "teach" English to people here.

Yogi has been approached numerous times by people who can already speak English.😜

Most of the time it's usually an attempt for Visa sponsorship or Job prospects in your home country. Other times it will be someone trying to get a business partner.  $$$$    Just be careful.

Not me.
Lots of Vietnamese can write but they can not speak well.

Thanks

Hi Yogi,

You are quite right but not all Vietnameses are like that. Many guys are very honest and opened.
And I think with your experience you can evaluate if someone is worth to make friend with.

Regards.

Dat.

Hi everyone,
Topic: meeting people
I agree that every country has its own problems but people are always good in nature and honest. So far I talked to several people from Vietnam and they have been very polite and helpful to me. I am from New York and I met people there too and I select my friends by talking and interacting with the right people.
I am a very positive person and there is nothing WRONG with meeting people!! This blog was created to allow people from different countriesis to chat and make friends!! 
Best wishes to everyone (:

Alex

Hi everyone ,

Remember that the topic of this thread is "I'm vietnamese, need to learn english!", please avoid going off topic.

Thank you

Stéphanie

HI I am a web builder and an SEO who speaks Native American English and a tiny  bit of Vietnamese. I will be on a short visit to Saigon on August 11 and 12 and would be willing to spend a few hours with you discussing web topics in English. PM me if you are interested.

Hi, Itmanvn07
Can i join?  i really want improve my Eng like you. If when you learn Eng with expater or join in any eng club, can i follow you to learn? nice to meet you.

now in the US but will come next September to stay 6 months in my apartment,where I give lessons.
phone me in September for appointment. ++++
Edward

Hello anyone, can i join your meeting to practice more and more. Send me a messenge on my email [email protected]

I've had many people show me the town and i always have to pay. Making a website today is very easy.

Who pays for the coffee? Do you maintain, update and manage the website? And who pays for hosting.

All these expenses are cheaper than paid English classes.

You mentioned you will teach Tieng Viet. Are you a qualified Vietnamese teacher?

So many others say they will teach Vietnamese but its as good as they speak.

edopera wrote:

now in the US but will come next September to stay 6 months in my apartment,where I give lessons.
phone me in September for appointment. ++++
Edward

Thanks, please message me when you stay in Sai Gon!

AlexterBalexter wrote:

I've had many people show me the town and i always have to pay. Making a website today is very easy.

Who pays for the coffee? Do you maintain, update and manage the website? And who pays for hosting.

All these expenses are cheaper than paid English classes.

Hello, yes, making website today is easy but for small website with simple logic only :)
I can pay for the coffee for the first time, next time is depends :)
Yes, sure, I can develop, maintain, update website.....
Of course you pay for the hosting because it's yours, but there are some free hosting around the world you can use...

Thanks

AlexterBalexter wrote:

You mentioned you will teach Tieng Viet. Are you a qualified Vietnamese teacher?

So many others say they will teach Vietnamese but its as good as they speak.

No, I'm an IT engineer, so can teach you how to speak Vietnamese to communicate in Vietnam.
What exactly do you expect?

Thanks

"what i can offer:  teach you vietnam culture,Vietnamese, tour guide, invite you for some coffee,"

You mention you will teach Vietnamese. This is not clear or it says you are Vietnamese language teacher.

If you are not a teacher do not say you will teach Vietnamese but you will exchange languages. This way we know what we learn from you will be your way and not an organized correct format.

Many Native English speakers do not necessarily create proper sentences and so i assume Vietnamese maybe the same.

Obviously , as I mentioned above, I'm a web developer :)
btw, thanks for your advise

Hi,

There is no such expaters.. It is called Expatriates or Expats.  Please consider that not all expats will have time to bother themselves to teach you for free. There is no free lunch.  This is a world where I scratch your back if you scratch mine.

Good luck for your search. Hope you find someone.