Resignation - can i quit job ? I have not yet signed contract.

Hi! Good day everyone!
I would like to seek some help. I just came from Dubai 2weeks ago. I got employment entry visa stamped in my passport and until now I have not signed contract and applied for resident card yet. Also, due to some misunderstandings with boss, I want to quit and go back to dubai. May I know if possible I can leave I go to dubai by plane or bus?
Hope you could help me.

Hi HaroldMarkDexter,

As long as you have a entry visa to the UAE you can go by any means.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

Greetings!

Thank you for your quick and kind reply, it made me feel enlightened. Moreover, I was planning to take Visit Visa to Dubai and leave the country days before I will complete my one (1) month stay here in Oman which is this coming July 16, 2015 (noting that it is the duration for registration of resident card, which i will not do because I will resign/quit). In connection to this matter, it was stated in the offer letter that in instance i will resign from the job, a three (3) month notice is required. Would it still be applicable to me? (Thinking that I did not sign a contract yet).
I am hoping you could help me a lot.

Hi HaroldMarkDexter,

The 3-month notice period will be applicable only if you are a confirmed employee. Now you ore on probation period. So you would be exempt.

However, if you choose to part ways with your employer in any distaste, they can create problems for you, if they so wish. So try your best to leave with their consent only.

Hi Mr. Sumitran,

Good day!

Again, I sincerely thank you for the advices, I highly appreciated it. Now I have a clear picture of what I need to do.

Dear Mr. Sumitran;

Greetings!

I have up-following questions:

1.)The company that hired me is still processing my residence. I told my boss that I would like to quit from the job. He told me that i have to sign the contract and complete the residence application before I can leave the country.In case I will leave the country without applying for residence, the company will be paying fines for the duration of said visa (2 years). Is it true that i have to complete the residence before leaving? or I can leave the country without it?

2.)We agreed that i will refund all the expenses that were spent in the application of my visa. However, he is still insisting on applying the 3-month notice since it was stated in the offer letter. Is the offer letter matter also?

I hope you could help me on this matter.

Hi HaroldMarkDexter,

I suspect that they are laying a trap for you by asking you to do points no. 1 and 2 of your post above.

Don't bite the bait.

If you have no plans of continuing the job then I see no point in your signing the contract and getting yourself a resident card, which will in any case be cancelled when you exit.

By signing and getting the resident card you are making yourself liable for punitive action.

Better don't.