Advice needed on life in Imus, Cavite please!

Hello  Everyone!

I am a single Mum with two teenage kids and I am looking for information on Imus, Cavite please. I have heard that there are occasional floods there and was wondering  where  is a suitable area to live? I have searched  online and have found affordable accommodation, but wondered how reliable adverts on OLX etc. are,  as many are placed by homeowners. I suppose housing supervised by estate agents would be the better route? What security does the tenant have under these circumstances? Please can anyone also advise if they know of The International British Academy as we are looking for a school that offers the IGCSE curriculum. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and kind regards!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No proposal of services on the forum please.

As far as I know,sometimes Imus,Cavite have some floods when raining.
Its better to live in Dasmarinas,Cavite becoz it is much a higher place(I have a place for rent there),underground is made of “adobe” so no worries about mudslide,and have its own water district and doesnt rely on Maynilad.

International British Academy is a good school but there's a lot IGSCE curriculum based schools (like DelaSalle)in Dasmarinas too,maybe u can try to research more..
But its only my opinion...Good luck :)

Hello!

Thanks so much for your reply and very useful information! We will be in your area mid July or so and I was wondering if it's OK if I can contact you for more advice please? Thanks again and wishing you a great week ahead!

Kind regards

Hi again!

My kids and I are arriving on the 12th of July and I was wondering if you could please send me your email and tel no so I could have a look at the properties you were talking about. Thanks and looking forward to your reply!

My wife is from Imus and we lived there in a family home about two blocks from the river in Palico 1. Let's just say that I would be very careful about where I live as flooding during the typhoon season is a common occurrence.
Imus is also incredibly congested when it comes to getting around and it is HOT. Unless your on a second floor apartment, you'll rarely feel a breeze, so AC at least in a bedroom would almost be a necessity to escape the heat for a few hours.
The market has about all you'll need for fresh fish, veggies, bread, etc. , though most areas have a decent market. Imus also has plenty of places to shop and is close to Robinsons, SM and district malls as well as many grocery stores and pharmacies.
With the Aguinaldo highway passing through it transportation is not an issue, buses, jeepney's and tricycles are everywhere.
Choose carefully for safety, flooding, and a working Air conditioner if staying in Imus.

Be safe.

Hello!

Thank-You ever so much for the very useful and informative message! Much appreciated indeed! I was also advised to check out Dasmarinas and we are very excited for our new adventure. Wishing you all the best and thanks again!

Kind regards
V.