Anybody expats in Bien Hoa, Dong Nai?

You want to see around Bien Hoa. Its small city so it takes maybe 1-2 hours to see all.
If you want i will show you

reviving this thread since I've lived in Bien Hoa for a year now. Starting to get bored sitting home alone all day while my wife is at work.

I'm slowly gaining confidence driving around Bien Hoa. I love to try out new food but get stomach aches easily from unsanitized foods. Anyone have time ring me up for some coffee or lunch.

I hate driving at night since my area that I live has no lights except for spotty areas of light eminating from houses.

hey guys.. nice to see so many expats living in here.. i have been to Bien hoa for over 3 months now.. small city with lot of traffic in the evening. Pegasus residential building and nearby area is full of bars pubs and restaurants.

i met few expats .....mostly on weekends ... almost all of them are teachers.. few are in garment/ agricultural / technological businesses.

i found it as a rush city.. too much traffic here. i was in Central highlands for about 2 years .. such calm place in middle of Vietnam.

have fun .. see you around.

khanh44 wrote:

reviving this thread since I've lived in Bien Hoa for a year now. Starting to get bored sitting home alone all day while my wife is at work.

I'm slowly gaining confidence driving around Bien Hoa. I love to try out new food but get stomach aches easily from unsanitized foods. Anyone have time ring me up for some coffee or lunch.

I hate driving at night since my area that I live has no lights except for spotty areas of light eminating from houses.

I used to be there often but now only once every month or two. From some of your post I know you're near the VT intersection which is on the opposite side from where I used to stay. Whenever I drive up to BH i take the 1K. Anyway, you should go try some of the restaurants over there, on CMT8 or Vo Thi Sau. They have a few which have been there over 20years, such as the Nam Ri or Lido and they are nice and good places which I would recommend to try (in case you don't know).

mukii wrote:

hey guys.. nice to see so many expats living in here.. i have been to Bien hoa for over 3 months now.. small city with lot of traffic in the evening. Pegasus residential building and nearby area is full of bars pubs and restaurants.

i met few expats .....mostly on weekends ... almost all of them are teachers.. few are in garment/ agricultural / technological businesses.

i found it as a rush city.. too much traffic here. i was in Central highlands for about 2 years .. such calm place in middle of Vietnam.

have fun .. see you around.

LOL, I have always found it so sleepy and quiet, empty streets compared to Saigon. But I guess if you compare to the highlands then I understand your point.

snake77 wrote:

I used to be there often but now only once every month or two. From some of your post I know you're near the VT intersection which is on the opposite side from where I used to stay. Whenever I drive up to BH i take the 1K. Anyway, you should go try some of the restaurants over there, on CMT8 or Vo Thi Sau. They have a few which have been there over 20years, such as the Nam Ri or Lido and they are nice and good places which I would recommend to try (in case you don't know).

Thanks, I don't know. I have been to your area where you used to live sometimes when I needed to extend my stay another 3 months. Always want to know where to eat but never sure where. I tried a place close to So Tu Phap and they charged me $100,000 Dongs for 2 sticks of nem nuong.

khanh44 wrote:
snake77 wrote:

Thanks, I don't know. I have been to your area where you used to live sometimes when I needed to extend my stay another 3 months. Always want to know where to eat but never sure where. I tried a place close to So Tu Phap and they charged me $100,000 Dongs for 2 sticks of nem nuong.

Well, both of these places aren't the cheapest in town either. However, the Nam Ri (or 5 Ri) have a very high reputation for quality and are famous for shrimps and other seafood. While they're open for lunch, it is more a dinner location but crowded every day and they have at least 2 locations (one on CMT8 and a newer one on Vo Thi Sau). The Lido is good as well but I prefer that place more for its ambiance, located right at the river with a beautiful garden setting. I loved to go and eat breakfast there on weekends.

Thanks. Cheap or expensive is not an issue just want value.

I checked out Lido online. It's close to Dong Nai hospital. Seems like a place I'd enjoy coffee by the river.

I'll check it out personally this Monday around 8 ish if anyone wants to join me. I think they got wifi so I'll bring my tablet. Drinks is a bit expensive so I've read at around 35k dong but I think the ambiance is worth it.

I won't be able to join you, perhaps some other time...

I'm sure you'll enjoy the ambiance there. They claim to have the oldest mango tree in all Bien Hoa in that location and it is really huge, dangling way out into the Dong Nai river.

Another similar kind of café also located on the river banks and just down the road from Lido on Vo Thi Sau is the Ca Phe Seoul (Vo Thi Sau/ D12).

Then one more I'd recommend, though not on the river, but very beautiful and popular is the Cafe Cội Nguồn, Hà Huy Giáp street, P.Quyết Thắng.

Hello.  I am considering moving to that area.  It is about an hour outside of HCM, right?  I work online for an American company and make about $2000 a month.  How hard would it be to find housing in that area that I can afford?

Housing is not that expensive and easy to find in  Bien Hoa as it's known for it's industrial park and lots of factory workers. 

But if you work online why choose Bien Hoa when there's lots of nice sandy beach cities along the coast of Vietnam or entertainment districts such as Ho Chi Minh city, Hanoi or even Can Tho.

2000 usd is about 4.200.000 vnd. Average salary for an officer is about 7.000.000 to 10.000.000 so of course you can afford to your life here perfectly. I think you can easily find a good house leasing here with 7.000.000 to  10.000.000 vnd

I think 4.200.000 is usd200, and not usd 2000 .
Use 2000 is about 42M dong.

Sorry! I am confused :D it is about 42.000.000 vnd :)

Hi there,

I'm Ha. I'm working in HCMC but my parents are living in BH so I come back BH almost every weekend. If there is any activity or expat meeting at the weekends or holidays, I would love to join.

Thanks,

Ha

Hello
Are you living in Peasus Building?
I am living there also. Can we be friend?

stay @ BH for almost 6 months.. Sad to say., BH is kind of boring and lack of great foods! 😖

Edit: Saigon is much more better...

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of services on the forum. Please register your services in our business directory.

Hi...  i am living in Bien Hoa.....  those who love dancing and do some exercises  just contact me...  I teach zumba dance aerobics, bachata, latin, sexy dance and freestyle ☺☺ i also have a group that you can join☺

Hello, Not yet an expat in Bien Hoa, but are busy planning a move for May 2015

Lived/worked in BH  for 9 moths 2 years ago, much prefer BH to Saigon. Currently looking for accomadation for the coming Australian winter

Mikeymac

Dear Bien Hoa Expat and residents:
Anybody in Bien Hoa knows where I can dryclean my suit?
Quite difficult to find a Laundromat for me.

Hello, My only suggestion would be to try the Aurora Hotel

They had a very good Laundry service when I stayed there 2 yrs ago

Hi Mikey

If you are moving to Bien Hoa for working, your employer will take care of your accommodation . . If you wanna find it yourself , there are many apartments in the center of Bien Hoa.. For example Pegasus Building ..

Thanks Feelvenny, had a look at the Pegasus Village but found little info re units available for lease or Rent

It looks like all units are individually owned and that one would have to deal with individual owners, is this correct? I could not find any centrally co-ordinated booking facility

Yes they are individually owned but I don't think it's difficult to find one for lease .. I don't live there so I don't have more info about them .. I can find out more about it and and let you know in the evening ..

Thanks, Mikeymac. Surely the hotel does the service, however, I am not sure they do for non-guests like me.

I am living in bien hoa too...

Good to see many new expats here .. we have a small group of expats .. anyone interested can join us for a coffee or drinks sometime ;)

Hi Mikeymac, I have a unit for lease and i have drop you a PM. Please refer to the pm and if you are interested, please contact me and we shall follow up from there and then. Thank you. :)

Does anyone know a good international school to send my kid to start a preschool..in dong nai province

IPS

Thank you...do you know anyone studying there

I live here. I am from America.

Where are they working? I am looking for a job here.

Gayatthiri D wrote:

Thank you...do you know anyone studying there

I know teachers there though

Hello! Anyone here knows a group of expats in Bien Hoa playing badminton on regular basis that I can join? Also are there any cyclist or mountain-bikers group for expats here in Bien Hoa, planning to join as well. Appreciate any info then. Thanks.

I live here , but I don't know how to find stuff I want here, lol. I see this post is kinda old but it would be nice to be able to find stuff and the best deals, I know some places but I can't even say the names right. I have gotten so turned around here so many times I can't count them.

ME

Well, I think many people here are ready to help in case you need help. So dont hesitate to ask for help when you need it.

Hi Steven, I will be back in Bien Hoa later this year.
I can recommend a truly remarkable restaurant for you, it has a world class garden surround. It is called NHA VIEN QUAN, Phone number is 0979728888

I would also recommend the KAISERIN and CAY DUA restaurants

To get the best deals, you must shop with a local doing your bargaing

I had a beautiful suit made for AUD70, there are bargains to be had