Living in Vietnam.

A sunny afternoon, on the Gold Coast, in Australia, enjoying lunch with friends, gazing out, at the sparkling blue waters of the pacific ocean, from the elevated deck of Nobby's surf club, the last thing on my mind, was  living in Vietnam.
Some three years later, I cannot see myself leaving.
Teaching English in Vietnam, and having the pleasure, of spending time, with what I consider to be, the friendliest people on earth, the utter poverty, yet, the joy on the faces of the children, the simple pleasure they experience rolling a bycycle tyre around with a stick, being invited, to sit, well, not really sit, squat, on the tiny plastic stools, and chat, share a beer, is all part of my life now, and I would not have it any other way.
Vietnam grabs you, and doesn't let you go.
My life changed, after completing my TESOL training in HCMC, and then moving on to teach English in Phan Thiet. A city on the coast, a little over 4 hours north of Saigon. The many experiences there, and the friends I made, stay with me always.

Vietnam !

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please, i invite you to register in the business directory

Good morning from warm and sunny UK

I would be very interested in doing your English teaching course, I have visited Vietnam 4 times since last October travelling around and visiting wonderful cities villages and unforgettable sites.
I have always worked in retail for large department stores and corparate companies, but would love the opportunity to work and teach English in Vietnam. I have worked Internationaly in South Africa for 18 years, which again was in Retail Management.
My partner is Vietnamese and we plan to relocate to Nha a Trang in the near future as we are buying land and building a home.

Can you advise?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards

John Hawkins

Hi John,

Thank you for the messge.
I have to agree with you, Vietnam is the place to settle in. No more long winter days in Nha Trang :)
Your situation, work history, etc, is one that is quite common in Vietnam, and teaching English, is an ideal way to live, and enjoy your life here.
Have a look at our website, and it may well answer many of your questions, tesol.imea.vn/       or if you like, we can just have a chat on Skype. My Skype is  ***

Look forward to talking with you soon.

Cheers

Garry

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, please do not post your personal contact on the forum.

Hi Gary,
Thank you for your message I will have a look through your web site and contact you through Skype

Many thanks for all your help

Kind regards
John
My contact details

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No personal contacts on the forum. Please use private messaging