Salary for Optometrist in Oman Having Diploma in Optometry from India

Dear all,
A very good evening to all of you.I got an offer from Oman-Muscat for the post of Optometrist in hospital or Retail outlets.

Position:                Optometrist           
Job status:            Full time
Contract duration:        2 years
Basic salary:            400 Omani Riyal per month
Benefits:            Paid flight return economy class ticket will be provided  at the end of every second contracting                                         year.   
allowances:             55 Omani Riyal per month
Incentive:                As per policy.
Housing and transportation :    As per  policy will be provided.
Annual leave (days):        As per policy
Working hours per week:    48hrs
Probation period:        3 months

Here i want to know :

* Is salary is good enough or should i negotiate.actually i really donot know what package is fare enough for    optometrist
* I need saving of 310 omani riyal per month
* Is fooding expenses can be in between 90 omani riyal per month or more for Indians.

Regards
Mukesh

Dear All

I need all of ur suggestion plz help me out

Try www.payscale.com or www.worldsalaries.org for salary levels.

Also check out www.numbeo.com for cost of living   read through the many posts on this forum for information.

HI IM OPTOMETRIST ADNAN FAROOQUI

Hello there MOHAMMAD ADNAN FAROOQUI,

Welcome to expat-blog!

It will be much appreciated if you could help member Mukesh with some infos on the topic he posted as you are optometrist.

Feel free to share and enlighten Mukesh.

P.s It will be much appreciated if you lower your caps when you write on the forum. Upper caps are often viewed as "shouting".

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna  :)

dear sir   

my self Birendra Kumar Yadav  from Nepal i have Bachlor Degree in Optometry is it possible to join tha above job in oman ,i have exeperience  2 year i hospitality

Hi mukesh, I will do my best to clear u r doubts.
Salary of 400 omr is good n reasonable. There are many hotels which provide food for three times a day for 35omr so as per my knowledge u can save near  about 310omr per month comfortably.

Still any queries feel free to ask me.
Thanks
Regards
Ramkumar mohan

@ Ramkumar mohan > Thank you for your contribution on this thread, however this topic is very old (2015) and the OP is no more a member of Expat.com.

Feel free to participate on more recent threads, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Sir What is the normal  room rent in oman .If we wants to take a room for 2 adults there  .is that too expensive ??

I am working in india i finised my M.sc  microbiology and diploma in optometry i am working in hospital  i want to now what exam i need to write for promotric  i am looking in oman job