New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the England forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in England if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi to all bloggers on this site. I am a UK subject living and working in the UK. I have a wife (originally from the Philippines) and two sons aged 23 and 20. I am a carpenter by trade and I teach carpentry at a college in Bristol. I have worked as a carpenter both in the UK and abroad and my wish is to work in Canada during my summer holidays, as I love the country.

Hi everyone,
I have just moved to England from New Zealand (as in I arrived on the 5th April).  I am finding everything quite different to what I'm used too, in particular the very large crowds which seem to be everywhere!
To be honest, I am finding it quite difficult at the moment, when I'm in my room alone in particular and especially when I go on Facebook - might just have to limit my social media usage for the next few days until I start work and start meeting people. 
I hope that by joining up to this site, I can chat with people who have gone through the whole experience.  If anyone can give me advice on how to stop feeling so homesick, that would be great!
Thanks for reading my novel!
Phillipa

Hi everyone!

I am a recent law graduate from South Africa and am currently looking to move to the UK as soon as possible. Having a dual South African/UK passport helps with the move. At university I studied a BA in Legal Theory, Classics and Piano for my undergrad, followed by my LLB. It would be ideal to find work in the legal field, or in international relations which I am really interested in. But I'm open to working in whatever field! As the first generation South African in a family of Brits it will be great to "return to my roots" as it were.

I have a few friends in Oxford, so moving to Oxford or surrounds will be preferable, but again, I'm open to whatever opportunities may arise!

Hope everyone here has a great day! :)

Hello! My name is Valerie and in 2 months I will be moving to UK ( Liverpool), I am looking for a job, if anyone knows about anything related to indsutrial engineering, marketing or bussiness administration, maybe you could get in touch with me. I will live 3 months with a cousin and then I have to find a place :) I dont care to move to another city, if I find a job there I will be happy moving. Regards :)

I am also planning to move to UK to go and advance in my career, i am accountant by professional but my dream is to become a tuitor in business studies at high institutions. I will start by searching for a job so dat i earn some reasonable income to pay for university fees.
I am in Zambia at the moment, really liked your novel.

Hi.
I,m spanish vegan chef and I desire to move to London or English-speaking area where I can contribute ideas and experience in vegan cuisine fusion with other cuisines AND DEFINITELY  LEARN WELL  the English language
Thanks a lot

New memeber Mo
stranded in istanbul need accomodation from 24th april 2015 to 1st May 2015
can any one help pls.
Cell. No turkey 05514551937

Hi Mo,
An affordable accommodation close to Eminunu is Best Nobel Hotel in Sirkeci. They have affordable rates at USD50/night. Other hotels also offer similar rates, but amongst the places I have stayed in, I always recommend Best Nobel coz their breakfast is way better than any other place in the area, (at least in my experience)

Hopefully, this will keep you floating for a few days!

simurghzero wrote:

New memeber Mo
can any one help pls.

Also, in Kadikoy, you can find Hush Lounge Hostel. They have similar better rates and breakfast is inclusive.
Good luck!!

simurghzero wrote:

New memeber Mo
can any one help pls.

Hi,

I'm Indonesian and I desire to move to Twyford Hampshire next 2 months in order to explore my interest in Classic British Cuisine. Ok, I will keep eyes on this forum.

Thank you,
Krysna

Hello hello!
We are looking at various options at the moment with regards relocating. We are South Africans and can get our Ancestry visas. We are keen for a change, somewhere with good schools, yet still small and quaint enough to not be overwhelmed by traffic and busy busy! Would love to give our children the opportunity to experience another country and widen their horizons....
Look forward to the responses!
love Julie

Hi all.. Am coming to Manchester in a weeks time.. Love to make friends and to roam around th country.. Will b staying thr for an year.. Who ever likes to make friendship can b in touch.. Need companion to travel around and have fun😊

Hi all.. Any pointers to searching house near to altrincham or hale will b helpful. Will commute to office by rail so prefer near to station. Thanks much in advance.

Hi everyone,
I'm Sarah Rahman from Indonesian. I'm looking for an opportunity to find a job in London soon so I can move to there with my fiance (he works in London).
please feel free to contact me and share any information about London. cheers :)

Hello all

A warm welcome to all our new members on the England Forum  :par:

Little Reminder :

This thread is ONLY for presentation of new members. We encourage members to Create New Threads if they wish any other particular assistance.

We have different sections of the site to host any adverts that you may have :

1. Jobs offers in England
2. Housing in England
3. England Classifieds

Adverts placed on the forum will be removed.

Looking forward to read your Expat Experience :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

[Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : Please post only in English
]

Hi everybody!

I'm currently living in Florence, Italy but looking to move to the UK (London would be my first choice) with my husband and children (6 and 2,5 years old). I have been working in the hospitality industry for more than 10 years now and would like to take a further step into my career and move to another country.

My main concern regarding this choice is related to my children... I hope this will be the right choice and that they will be able to adjust quickly and don't miss Italy too much...!

Thanks,
Chiara

Hello everyone :-)

Looking to meet nice new people in Preston / Manchester, as I will move there for a new job!
Would very much like to hear everything and anything about this area :-)
Coming from Holland and anxious to meet new friends and people to hang out with.

Thanks in advance!

Moderated by Christine
Reason : same questions here.

Hi everyone,
I am new to the site.I am a Singaporean currently in England and will move to jordan by next month.
I am a doctor but due to my husband's job move I quit my work.
I want to open learning centre in amman and help individually syrian regugees there.
Anyone has ideas please share here and also any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi.. Am moving to Manchester by next week. If u free can catch up😊

Dear All,

My name is Maxime I am 24, and I look for a work experience in th UK.

Moderated by Maximilien
Reason : drop your resume in the jobs section

Hi,I'm Nour,originally I'm a Lebanese,I'm a British national(a British Overseas Citizen,but not a full British Citizen),I've been in the UK for 15 years and I've been thinking of moving to Holland,but first I must try and save some money for the journey.I'd like to be notified of any live in jobs in Holland,or open jobs and a place to live...I also suffer from a mental illness and my passport allows me to live and work free in Holland,which brings me to my next issue,are there any benefits I can apply for due to my illness(schizophrenia) in case I find it hard to keep a job or even find one...I'm trying to avoid the situation where I travel long distance only to find my self financially insecured due to my mental illness...Please help,and thank you

Hello there guys! New here... I am John, i am 23 years of age from the Philippines, how was your living in England? I hope it's good! England would be my biggest step towards my dreams, i chose England because of its kind, friendly and courteous people, and because of its beauty, i also chose England by following my heart. Although, i know that living in England would be a tough and difficult in the first place for me because of somethings to be considered and some problems that may arise during my stay, but i know to myself that everything is gonna be alright. And i am willing and happy to conquer this set mission of mine for the reality of my dreams. I am going to England for a common reason, to find a work not just a job but a career where i can apply my skills and potentials and a career which can help me to be developed in my chosen field of work, to make friends and to study Culinary Arts and put up my own Restaurant after my graduation in England. I hope you guys who left their families and home country achieved what you really dreamed and aimed with England, whether it is your dreams, love life, friendship or peace of mind. And for the people in England, Thank you so much for accepting, helping and welcoming people like me from different countries. Going to your country would be a great pleasure and opportunity for me. God bless us.

Dear Pip.  Top tips to get to know your new area.  Get all the local newspapers and have a look in the "whats on " pages.  Go on line and search for local Salsa and Ceroc classes...you will not regret it....promise.  Every one in the dance classes are friendly and will help you to make new friends.  I have not long moved myself but not quite such as big move as yourself but non the less this was the first thing i did and i am now shaking my stuff 3 times a week and have settled in well....give it a go girl.
Sarah xxx

Hello hello,

My name is Sebastien, I'm 23 and moved in England 10 months ago. I am working near Guildford in Surrey. If anyone wants to meet or any advices just let me know by sending me a pm :).

Hi
i'm Antonio, i will relocate myself in Leicester, after two Months, now i'm working abroad.
I hope i can have help from you for find accomodation and for any further information.
I wish to everybody a good stay in UK.
Bye
Antonio

Hi everyone! Thanks a lot for your helps. I'm from Spain and I'm thinking to go to London next wednesday. I'm looking for a room. Do you have some information for me, please?

Than you very much

Hi I'm Amanda ,, I'm from Merseyside England and u still live  here ,, the trouble is I don't want to ,, I'm almost 47 years old , single ,, with one adult son 23 yrs , who lives in Australia ,, I am desperate to find a job in Tenerife ,, I just don't know were to start x

Hello,

Bruce from Colorado...trying to figure out how I can relocate to the England (London and south into Devon). I have great skills and expertise in my profession that are transferable across numerous industries, but, I'm a little discouraged. Without work authorization up front its hard to find sponsorship. I really would like to move there. The commute time and cost traveling from the western slope is adding up. Thinking that I might find useful advice here.

littlemonkey3492 wrote:

Hi I'm Amanda ,, I'm from Merseyside England and u still live  here ,, the trouble is I don't want to ,, I'm almost 47 years old , single ,, with one adult son 23 yrs , who lives in Australia ,, I am desperate to find a job in Tenerife ,, I just don't know were to start x

Littlemonkey3492,
Surely you would be better off joining the Spanish forum - not sure if there is a "Canaries" option? Maybe start a new thread in their "job search" section? Good luck 🍀
Chuckle Butty

Hello! My name is Viktoria and I am from Canada. I don't plan on moving to the UK until the next few years but I like to be prepared :)

Hey !!! Elinyo here from Tanzania.  i would like to work and study in london my Email is [email protected] anytime a.m ready.

Thanks for this chance. how about someone who is willing to study your school or course but is not an refugee

my email     [email protected]

Hi! I am lani.. A lady from Australia thinking of going to the U.K.  next year... My family came from the Yorkshire County  , some were from Lanchester Durham,  I dont know if I have any relatives there any more, but i would love to seek and meet them if I do ...
I think I have the right of abode in the U.k ,.

Looking forward to reading what others think of  living in England is like .....

Hi i live in the USA and fell in love with England in February 2014 during my holiday there and met some wonderful friends as well.  My dream is to move to England very very soon.  I look forward to hearing from other people here as to how they did it. Continued blessings to all of you!

Hi everybody

I am based in the UK and I am looking to contact Care Workers In EU countries who may like to work in the UK. If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

John

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

Hi!
I am a teacher of English and librarian and I am trying to find a job in one of the lovely academic libraries in Oxford.I will be visiting the city in August and will hopefully manage to get a job interview.I am Spanish, currently living in Barcelona but I adore England. I hope you'll find a job son.Keep in touch!

Best,
MJ

Hi!

I am a librarian and obviously I am interested in your novel.Can you give me mote details, please?

Thanks

MJ

Closed