Things to do in Almaty during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Almaty?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Almaty?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hi Christine, write me in Facebook . I'll write you a list of natural and cultural attractions in Almaty

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : link moderated

Hi Oleg,

welcome to expat.com!

It would be great if you could share your information on the forum here. ;)

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

hi, Chistine!
Almaty is very beautifull city. You can go to kok tobe (direct translation green mountains), there so  beautifull, there have many attractions for children, attraction for adults, cableway and there have a lot of kinds of birds ,  if i'm not mistaken there have camel Lama, ostrich. and more things there have.
You can go to mountains Almarasan (Butakovka), there so beatifull too. You can go Medeu, shymbylak. We have beautifull parks: Park of President, Gorky park, park of 28 Panfilov (its history park, i mean there monuments of 28 soldiers, who fought in the war ). Family park.
We have Mega centre its a large shopping and entertainment center in the city of Alma-Ata (Kazakhstan) and many many other centers.
You can go to Arbat, there many showplace (I love there), there so many interesting people : someone singing, someone draws, someone dancing.
You can visit baraholka, its a big bazar, everyone knows it)). You can go for fun.
You can go to green bazaar, when you go there you smell of chocolate , because there is a Rakhat confectionary (is a pure chocolate, i advise you to try).
Good luck
regards, Ainura