New bus fares and cards

i rang them standard response is all cards will be recieved by 30th june

not exactly helpful is it

I haven't received mine yet.  :mad:

Tallinja have posted today on their Facebook page they are working with Malta post to get cards delivered today and tomorrow so hopefully that should ease some of the backlog

on sunday and public holiday?
excuse my scepticism but don't see that working to well :D

Duxx wrote:

on sunday and public holiday?
excuse my scepticism but don't see that working to well :D

some people reported gettiing their cards lol still not got mine :( not happy

The booklet GPLW mentions (new bus routes) was NOT delivered to our house, and we have not received the card yet (ordered 28th April on the website with all requested details/picture etc). We shall see...

Someone somewhere is having a giraffe - got a card but it's blank - no picture , not even my name - apparently they couldn't use my photo - odd as its on my e- residence card so they sent me a temporary one

Worst thing is letters dated the 26th June and I have been in contact with them since last Tuesday so they could have asked me for a photo

Complete waste of a system - still need to argue with them why I'm not going to pay until the 4th as I already have a valid saver card ticket till then but funny enough they don't seem to know what I should do - think they are hoping I let it drop , they clearly don't know me

My saver card is valid till mid July.  They told me to take it with my receipt and new card to the kiosk at valetta to get credit balance transferred.once new system starts. For them to tell you, on the phone, to do a new pic would require joined up government. This is Malta TA lol

Interesting cause when I asked then they said I would have to pay 2 euro to get to Valletta and they would maybe transfer it over - seems no one  knows what's happening

Yes and they told my roomie to buy a weekly today and they honour them till expiry date.

I passed the Valletta kiosk this pm and there were two very long lines at the kiosk. Take a hat, a water bottle, a good book and lots of patience with you...

redders_61 wrote:

Yes and they told my roomie to buy a weekly today and they honour them till expiry date.

right very irate cool as talinja are now saying that you will get refunded the credit for your old saver card but until then you will have to pay for the bus as usual- which is fine but payday is tommorrow lunchtime so i have no idea how thy think people are going to get to work and there are apparently from what i have seen loads and loads of people like us in this situation.

i dont see how they didnt think having a chanegover period would be a good idea.

i mean its takes the biscuit.
as a disabled person who relies on the bus to travel places i cant go out till matt has gotten paid and been able to top his up as it is he will have to walk to sliema tommorrow morning to make sure he gets to work

their standard response is that its a new system and the saver cards are the old system - they simply do not care who they rip off  .

i feel for the many who still havent recieved even a temporary card.

My taljina card is already topped up. Did it online. Put 50 on it then just 2 or the refund for 2 X 26. Yes I feel for you all too.

Still got nothing! I am so upset. I have to pay full price from tomorrow to go to work! I've sent an email to them, but not sure if I'll get any reply.  :sleep

Nice, I've a reply now! Nothing specific about mine, but in general saying the cards still being mailed out. And they will refund me the difference. Still annoyed...

they should have postponed the new system till thet had sorted it

good luck with getting a refund!!!!

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/ … 6736138147

robpw2 wrote:

they should have postponed the new system till thet had sorted it

They have for some people for a week :-

"Malta Public Transport has today announced that the current two hour 30c ticket for Kartanzjan/Maltese 60+ ID Holders, KNPD Special ID/Blue Badge Holders, and Children under 10 will still be available for a limited period until Tuesday, the 7th of July.

“We appreciate that this new ticketing system is a major change in the way people travel by bus, and we would like to offer perhaps the more vulnerable users, a little more time to get acquainted with this system by allowing those that may have not got their tallinja card to still buy the existing two hour ticket on the bus at 30c instead of paying €2 from tomorrow, Tuesday, the 1st of July,” said Commercial Director Daniel Grech."

Ray

It also seems that a number of people have topped up their cards and found that when they tried to use them, they are not working on the machines on the buses!

Times of Malta:-
"A number of people who up to yesterday were relieved to have received their bus card on time, found today that they could not use it.

Readers said that despite topping up their cards, they were still rejected by the machines installed on the buses, and they had to pay the new, higher fares."

Ray

a nice free loan for MPT

That's awful !!

Chaos at Valletta terminus as bus card debuts

Brewery, piss-up, organise.  :whistle:

It would help if they had more staff working - they should have known it would be busy today - everyone is rightfully annoyed - don't get me started on the police arresting a man who was a victim of a racial assualt.

It seems all they care about is money and they shouldn't be arguing with people who have topped up cards if there's an issue take them to Valletta let them sort it

It would seem the drivers are either lying or acting on a will of their own as this is what mpt had to say

"A small number of instances were in fact reported. In such cases, drivers have been briefed to allow the passengers to board for free. However the company has received some complaints where passengers may have still been charged the fare. Malta Public Transport apologised for this inconvenience, and assured the public that all these tickets will be refunded."

I see another strike from drivers who are annoyed at being blamed for mpt poor management of the whole situation

Fights at valetta police arresting people ffs I think I stay in and watch Wimbledon. Glad MPT don't run a brewery

Perhaps if all expats who have been told "go home" etc immediately handed themselves into the police for arrest, the police might realise it's the abusers breaking the law not the abused

redders_61 wrote:

Fights at valetta police arresting people ffs I think I stay in and watch Wimbledon. Glad MPT don't run a brewery

If Carlsberg ran a bus company.......

robpw2 wrote:

don't get me started on the police arresting a man who was a victim of a racial assualt.

Just read about that on the TOM, absolutely disgraceful.  :mad:

Only in Malta.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … -to.574819

I got my card today and just topped it up with €20.

I am not going anywhere until Friday but I will keep you posted on an problems.

So far, so good for me.

did we really expect anything else...?

Toon wrote:

did we really expect anything else...?

That's the point :-) Since 2 months everyone's making jokes about the chaos that will happen on 1st July ... well, here it is :-) Don't be surprised now that all predictions became reality ;-)

Have any members who have got their cards and tried using them had any problems with them actually working as reported in ToM?

Ray

hi ray, got mine topped it up used it today,no problems, I wouldn't believe anything TOM say,they are anti gov,always have been, allthe best   dave

I used mine today but wish I hadn't I went to valetta to get a refund of my saver card to discover it is valid, if you show driver the receipt, until expiry.  So my new one kicked in its first month:(

I've got mine today! But still waiting for a proper one, as this one came without picture (picture issues) and still have to get the money that I spent on my card.

Worked perfectly fine for me this morning.

It deducted 0.75 on the first bus and it just said "transfer" when I got on the next one within the 2 hour limit.

I dont see what all the fuss is about. I suppose
I might just have been lucky.

System still not working as it should, you can check your balance on line and I tried just now to see if it had deducted the correct amount yesterday and today, only to find it gave me the balance as of 28/06/2015, nearly a week ago !

Fat lot of good that is!

Ray

It's charged me 75cts per bus I have been on today and I haven't been more than 2 hours apart - I just hope it remembers to cap at 26€. Or I'll be really angry