Suria Stonor

Hi there :)

My husband is about to sign the contract for an apartment in suria stonor - as it was recommended by a couple of colleagues. Any input/ feedback?

We are a British family of 4 moving from Abu Dhabi :)

Would be keen to hear thoughts on the place.

Thanks in advance x

You should hopefully be on a high floor to avoid traffic noise and not facing west because it will be very hot in the afternoon. Ceiling fans are a must unless you really want to live in an air conditioned environment all the time. Care is needed to avoid being overlooked.

It is convenient to KLCC park which has a very good children playground, splash pool, and a running track. Suria Mall is just at the door step and access to the LRT.

I guess your other half has seen the apartment.  Please be careful about what kind of lease you sign because there is usually no get out clause so if you sign for 2 years you are liable to pay for the entire 2 years even if you leave before. You should have a diplomatic clause entered into the agreement so that if you don't like the environment you can move to something more suitable.

Thank you! I think we are looking at 9th floor - it's partially furnished with curtains / light fittings / fans etc which is ideal - moving from Abu Dhabi where air con on most of the time so be nice to have fans on instead!

Is the area ok? Safe to walk around with kids etc? I'm told to be careful of crime in some areas?

Thanks

There are bag snatchings in that area amongst others. A group of expat women walk at the park from 8.15 each day if you want to join. Otherwise not much foot traffic in that area, but I think building is about to start. Its just down the road from Prince Court Medical Centre and the Craft Museum. Its OK but not ideal for children and you may find that few or none of the pupils from the school live in the neighbourhood.

I would avoid the apartments facing the platinum park development. Things are getting very noisy and almost unlivable (i moved recently!). Otherwise its a great building with lots of young families. Join the Suria Stonor facebook group and you will quickly fit in!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will try and help out!

Also this group
facebook.com/groups/535148453290738/