Wanting information regarding the basic health care coverage/visa

I want to know if I can join the basic healthcare system available through the Croatian govt. if I hold only a Temporary Residency Visa.  Can anyone advise?
thank you

Hello:

My husband and I are seriously considering retiring in Zagreb.  I have been researching all of the necessary things that need to be taken care of before coming to Croatia.  One obstacle I cannot resolve is the healthcare system.  I have read that you need to have a Permanent Residency Visa to enter into the basic healthcare (mandatory) system and also need to be enrolled in this system before you can purchase the Croatian (voluntary) supplemental insurance.
I have also read that you can apply if you have documentation showing you are applying for a Permanent Visa.  Don't you need to reside 5 years, consecutively, to be eligible for Permanent status?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

We are from the US.  If anyone from the US has expat insurance could you provide the name of the company you feel is suitable and not a total ripoff?

Thanks so much.

It's not so complicate here in Croatia with health insurance or an health programme, You will always find it undificult. They have the best health insurance system.. only just to resolve your resident issue and you can further enjoy the system.

Hello Claire Abbott,

I have merged one of your post and a feedback you had top this topic of yours  on the Zagreb forum so that you might get some more useful and precise information about your queries. The post was somewhat off-topic on the other thread.

Wish you success in your projects, ;)
Bhavna