2500 USD Salary + accommodation + other facilities - good deal or not?

Hi Friends,

I have been offered a job in Nairobi/Thika , (Salary 2500 USD Net (after tax Deduction) + Accommodation + Car+Fuel+ subsidized lunch) I'll be shifting alone for now and later after 1 year my wife and kids will join me

is this offer good?

Thanks,
Amit

Hello Amit and welcome to the forum :)

Please note that I created a new thread as from your post on the Nairobi Forum, since you were participating off topic on an other thread.

Here you will have more visibility on the forum :top:

I suggest you to browse through our Cost of Living in Nairobi section of the forum to gather as much info to see if you got a good deal.

Regards
Kenjee

Hey Amit,
This amount is a life satisfying amount, if all othr expenses are paid. Remember, Asians get much lower salary compared to Euro ppl. so, don't compare with them. Local monthly expenses should be in range of 500-700 USD if you are not a lavish spender. So that should be good enough.

If you are coming here to save a lot of money, try targeting 1000USD savings to send bk to India. that should be good enough.

Wow what job is this I also want to apply?

its a good deal you can take me as your personal driver.

Dear Amit,

It all depends on your standard of living and where you live.  If you intend to live the in middle class areas like Parklands expect a decent 3 bedroom apartment to cost Kes 100,000 +per month, If your company will pay for education then you will be okay.  If you have to pay for it, a decent school for Indians will be something like Oshwal Academy, a private school with British curriculum where the fees per term (every 3 months) for a year 2 student will be Kes 100,000 (33,000 per month), Also hope that your company will provide medical coverage for your family.  Then expenses for internet/TV, electricity, water would be approx. Kes 10,000 if used carefully. Maid Kes 10,000-15,000 per month. I think it is doable but expect that Kenya has a very high cost of living. Especially Supermarket items.

Taz

Hi Amit,

Yes this is a very good offer.  I will advise you go for it.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services + sharing of contact infos on the forum prohibited. Please refer to the Housing section with an advert
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed.