New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi All,

Welcome to Singapore. My name is Miko and I'm from the Philippines. I have been working here in SG  as an IT Professional for the past 3+ years. I like running and meeting new friends.

Best Regards,
Miko

Hi everybody, this is Fadi from Italy, 30years old:-)

I m a positive guy, with lots of passions and interests:-) I can speak italian, of course, Arabic and English. As I m seriously considering to go to Singapore for change my life, I d like to make friends with people who are already there! I wish to know lots of people and hope to have great chitchat with all of you:-))

Hi, my name is Marco.  I have been living/ working in SG for 9 years.  Am in the I.T. field.

If you are interested to touch base, ping me at [email protected]   =)

Hi I'm Oly,

Working for a Singapore-based company but not yet in Singapore :)
Would like to know how is it there living in a foreign country.
And would like to meet you all someday :)

Hi, I'm Mohammed from Egypt, currently working in Dubai for 3 years, visited Singapore several times and now looking forward to move to The Lion's city

hi my name is nouries , im new here and i hope make new friend , actually i came across this forum to make friends in singapore and learn from others experiences thanks my name is nouries

Dear Nouries,

Welcome to the forum!
But please note that, on the Internet, typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is seen as shouting and rude. I am sure that's not the impression you wanted to make, so please make sure your CAPS LOCK key is disengaged before you post next time. Thanks!

ok thanks and iam sorry i

Hello everyone:)

I am MJ and just moved in Singapore from Korea.
Nice to meet all of you.

Let's be friends. If there is anybody who wants to learn Korean as a foreigner or English as a Korean , I want to help you out. I also want to learn Chinese. Please let me know.

Have a lovely day!

Cheers / MJ

Bonjour Marie,
Je m'appelle, MJ. Enchanted.

You seem to be a expert in travelling. As I recently moved in Singapre, Which country could you recommend me to travel around here? :)

Hi, I I traced myself here and with private messages to some new people in chat due to make friends with them as I m coming to Singapore soon to stay there forever. I made few copy/paste messages and now I m not able to send private messages unless so body write me, first. They say my chat is temporarily blocked for prevent scam..can u. Help me to solve this problem, please?

You can solve this "problem" yourself by posting some meaningful messages on the forum or contributing to the site in other ways. Sorry, but sending PM as a new user to people you don't know is not allowed.

I didn't t know that. However, I had already post a message here in this section by introducing me but this does not changed my situation..

Hi everyone,

My name is Zack and I am a Singaporean. I have keen interest in Italian food & drinks. I am doing a business selling handmade miniature Italian food magnets (miniature replicas of real brands of Italian food/ drinks) imported direct from Italy.

Hope to meet like-minded friends from around the world who share the same passion and interest as me.  Feel free to contact me for a short chat!

:)

Hi all,

My name is Tyng Feng ^ I am from Malaysia.
If anyone would like to travel to my country.
I can be your advisor. :)

Cheers

Hi buddies, i'm by the name Maxwell, i'm on the verger to fly to singapore, but i wish to start communicating with you the friends around and other locals.... anyone can  hits me,,,,
Its my great pleasure to meet you!!!!

Max....

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Luiz Felipe , I am Brazilian and been living at Asia for the pass 10 years , mostly in countries like Indonesia, Thailand, China , India , Taiwan , Malaysia , Laos and Cambodia, I had been in Singapore several times since 2002 when was the first time that I arrive at Asia . To describe my self I can say that,  I love the life I live and Live the life I love , most important value in all this is be in peace with my inner self accept and embrace what the life and universe provide been provide me,  my flow is to let in new things that I believe is important at my present and let go what is not serves me more , so I can continue the flow of my life . Now I am believe Singapore been calling me, so I can improve my self and start a new chapter in my life and bring together the dreams and projects I am developing along of my journey, Singapore can be the place because of the facilities and dynamic of the country as business friendly and other great qualities . I give a opportunity to it , in case that will not be the place I embrace it and let go continuing my flow, No attachment or Expectations, just happiness and respect for life . 

I would like to connect with fabulous people at this beautiful Country, if someone would like to catch up, I will be at Singapore from the middle of July , hopefully living in a very nice place with awesome people around.

Aloha !
Luiz Felipe

Hello,

I am Bill from Minnesota USA, working as a visiting researcher at NUS. Looking for fun with friends around Singapore.

I wish everybody have wonderful journey in Singapore.

Take care,

Bill

[email protected]

I would recommend you Koh Rong, Cambodia.

Hi Luiz,

You have much experience. I would ask you about Brazil where I like to travel one day.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi, i am jeeny actually my husband os working in singapore since last five years on s pass and we got marry since 2012. I don't have dependent on him i try for job but i rejected. Now i need a help to find a way to be with my husband.

Jyoti1 wrote:

Hi, i am jeeny actually my husband os working in singapore since last five years on s pass and we got marry since 2012. I don't have dependent on him i try for job but i rejected. Now i need a help to find a way to be with my husband.

Your post is not clear on whether your application for Dependents Pass (DP) was rejected or you don't want to be his dependent, and whether your Employment Pass (EP) was rejected or you couldn't find a suitable job.
In any case, these two passes (visas) are the correct types for your situation. Maybe you can expalin what you did in which order and what was rejected for which reasons. Then I can try to give you better advice.

Actually the thing is i didnt get dependent on my husnand becoz he is working there on s pass and his salary is $2300, and i was thr in sg on visit pass i applied for e pass twice which is rejected by mom becoz of some documentation issue. And this year in january i applied for student pass which also get rejected by mom. Now my husband cant leave his job and we cant be together. Pls suggest me the right thing what should i do.

Well, you cannot get a DP if your husband earns below S$4000/month - that is the rule and probably also the minimum needed for two people to survive.
If you also cannot get a pass (EP or Student Pass) on your own merit (you didn't mention why you couldn't), then I am afraid you cannot be together in Singapore. Maybe you can try other countries (India?).

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495048

Thanks!

Closed