Malaysia airlines

Is cutting direct flights to/from Brisbane to KL from August?
Now its going to make it harder to holiday and find my perfect retirement plans in Malaysia

Sheepdog wrote:

Is cutting direct flights to/from Brisbane to KL from August?
Now its going to make it harder to holiday and find my perfect retirement plans in Malaysia

Air Asia fly daily from Gold Coast to KL. I use them. Good prices. I fly on a Weds as there is a night flight leaves, at 9.30 pm gets into KL at 04.30 am next day. 
Worth checking them out.

Air Asia is an alternative. That I did know of?.

MAS, is a great airline, but they've been having problems of late, including the loss of two aircraft, both in very odd circumstances.
I've flown with them many times and still have great confidence in them, but it seems many do not.

Air Asia also lost a plane in December 2014 - but it has an extensive itinerary and costs can be low.

Of course there is the Air Asia alternative.
But, I do love the service etc of MA, now I can fly to Sydney for a direct flight to KL.
Its just the PITA that they cut flights out completely in my city altogether

I do love the service etc of MA

I was extremely pleased at the way they looked after me as a customer, so hold them in high regard.

That applied from the ease and great attitude when booking the ticket, through to the way they handled a problem (That would have been a major cock up if they'd been rubbish), ending in the terrific cabin crew making long flights as pleasant as possible.

MAS are a top quality airline (and Malaysia is a pretty great country).

Gravitas wrote:

Air Asia also lost a plane in December 2014 - but it has an extensive itinerary and costs can be low.

Air Asia is a bus service, cheap, but doing the job they advertise.
I've used them many times, all without serious problems.
Some complain about the in flight food, totally ignoring how cheap the tickets are.
I take a sandwich - problem solved.

Yeah I love MAS service and flights, why I am so disappointed in them cutting flights.
Going to China for a 3week holiday in Sept, had it all booked etc, then MAS announced the release. Damn, now flying Thai instead, so Malaysia misses out on my annual visit

I'm unlikely to get the chance to visit Malaysia again for a good few years, but I will as soon as the chance comes up.
I really love visiting the place.
I want to take my wife back to Taiping for a second honeymoon.