Learning to Drive (Need an English guide to passing the theory test)

Hi guys

Im a British student currently studying Dentistry in Iasi. I want to get the driving license. I have found a few english speaking driving instructors who are happy to teach me how to drive but I need to pass the theory test first. Unfortunately I cant find a book or cd or any kind of resource that helps one prepare for an exam. The actual theory test has an option in english but I just cant find the study material.

Can anyone help me please? Ive been looking for months and asked around my friends but had no success.

Thanks!

Hi umz,

Do you still need help?

ray

rayone wrote:

Hi umz,

Do you still need help?

ray

Yes. I have contacted driving schools in Bucharest and Cluj too but none of them have any materials in English. Id really appreciate some help :)

Dear UMZ

Did you ever find the rules in English. I have the same issue.

Regards

if some one get the material in english, must share plz....

waseem

Hi everyone!

Been there, done that...

The truth is that it's possible to take the theory exam in English, but there are no materials in English:) There are rumors about some mysterious CD and book with Romanian road regulations in English that can be bought in Bucharest, but when I've contacted the related publishing house, they did not have information on it.

So I've prepared while using Google-translated Romanian theory materials and some EU driving regulations I've found online. Well, I have failed my first theory exam... Honestly speaking, the English version of "police" test had some serious mistakes and poorly translated parts. Don't want to discourage you, guys, but the translation of test during the exam has little to do with your preparation.

When I've asked policemen for test materials in English, they've tried to be helpful, but had no idea about books or CDs (I am talking about Galati and Brasov police here).

Since I needed my license bad enough, I've started to learn the road legislation in Romanian. Well, my Romanian knowledge was close to non-existent by that time, so I had to learn most of test questions by heart. 3 weeks of studies, sleepless nights, but it worked. I've passed my theory exam:)

Anyway, if I can help you somehow, guys and ladies, just ask me for exam-passing tips.

Good luck in getting that license - you will make it. Hope this will be helpful for any of you and will save you a bit of time.

Cheers,
Julia

Hi Julia

Thanks for your answer. You are not the first to tell me the english version of the test is a mess!

Hopefully I can find an easier solution but pleased that you managed the hard way! Perhaps I will need to go that way too !

John

I have the english materials if you want.
Pm me your email and I would be happy to help anyone out who needs it.

I looked for several years. no luck

hi i need the materials in english for  the driving test please send to me on my email id [email protected]

Hello, if you still have it it would be really helpful, could you send to: alastair at WSC-invest dot com

Thanks very much!

You folks are searching for something that doesn't exist. Let me try to be clear ... THERE ARE NO OFFICIAL ENGLISH MATERIALS FOR TAKING YOUR ROMANIAN DRIVING TESTS.

Learn the language and do the test in Romanian. If you are unable to do so, then you have not integrated well and don't bother with the driving.

SirNookieOMighty wrote:

You folks are searching for something that doesn't exist. Let me try to be clear ... THERE ARE NO OFFICIAL ENGLISH MATERIALS FOR TAKING YOUR ROMANIAN DRIVING TESTS.

Learn the language and do the test in Romanian. If you are unable to do so, then you have not integrated well and don't bother with the driving.

The test is offered in English also.  Your snide remarks are not helpful.  Cultural integration (to your standards) are not a prerequisite to operating a motor vehicle in this nor any other country.

romaniac wrote:

The test is offered in English also.  Your snide remarks are not helpful.  Cultural integration (to your standards) are not a prerequisite to operating a motor vehicle in this nor any other country.

By all mean, allow those who do not know the traffic rules well (because they couldn't be bothered to learn the language) drive on these already dangerous RO roads. I hope you meet one such driver head-on soon.

SirNookieOMighty wrote:
romaniac wrote:

By all mean, allow those who do not know the traffic rules well (because they couldn't be bothered to learn the language) drive on these already dangerous RO roads. I hope you meet one such driver head-on soon.

Are you actually IN Romania? Many of the drivers here, those Romanian born and raised that are on the roads, do not follow or necessarily know the traffic laws. Yes, you make a point that the roads are dangerous, however I seriously doubt that is all the doing of foreigners not being fluent in Romanian.  You seem to fail to see the lack of connection between language ability and the ability to drive.

I remind you, the test is offered in multiple languages (German, English, Hungarian)...so it is not unreasonable to ask for study materials in the given language.  Please, spare the thread of your intolerant judgement veiled as useful help if you have nothing else to offer.

Are u guys still have the materials in english?could u  Please send me on my email **************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Email address removed for your own security

i want to share my experience to everyone who is going to attempt their driving theory test.
among many websites online which offers free test practice i found this one best.
hazard perception test 2015 - uk-driving-test.com/mock-hazard-perception.php
practice your theory test more and more before attempting it. thats the only thing to help you.
good luck.

Hiiii...just arrived w husband and 2 kids. My Canadian licence is expired, so i need to start studying/driving NOW. Seems obtaining English study materials is difficult? May I please have any you've created? Big thanks!
Sher

Hiiii....may i please have tbose.materials ypu created about the driving test? Big thanks

Hi.If still you have this study matierial in english pls shere to me.

thanks,
prasad

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Dear All, I can see that this might be rhetoric to most of you. Am looking to get the license and like all before me, need help in english material. Could anyone kindly help?

Thanks
Jay

JHK99 wrote:

Dear All, I can see that this might be rhetoric to most of you. Am looking to get the license and like all before me, need help in english material. Could anyone kindly help?

Thanks
Jay

Hi, please refer to my post on another related thread

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =3#3469983

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thankyou very much or better say multumesc frumos :-)
I have ordered the book and waiting for it.

Cheers

If anybody is still searching.. there is an English book. I am currentyl studying from it

arosijadgar wrote:
romaniac wrote:

Man this is one of the most brainless comments I have seen in an expat community. Why are you even here?

@WiedemS

Hello there! Hope you are good. I would also like help with this.. the English Materials for Romanian Driving License.. can you help me? *****

Thank you in Advance. ;)
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : Please share contact details via private message, thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@xgorillaboominpro you From

@aliemom225 Romania

Hello there! Hope you are good would also like help with this.. the English Materials for Romanian Driving License.. can you help me

Take me, I will teach you everything Insa Allah
AI have a license with 10 years of experience and I have been in the driving profession for 17 years.
Hi SK FARID,

Welcome to expat.com!

@Morshed khan77 was looking for English Materials for Romanian Driving License, can you help in any way?

Vero
Expat.com team