Guns - Papua New Guinea

Hi Guys,

I have been searching the internet far and wide and hope someone can help.

I have a very attractive offer on my desk for a new job in PNG (will be moving from the states). Now I am a bit of a redneck and enjoy my guns and have also been advised by my potential employer that I may like to purchase a gun for security purposes in PNG. Now my question to anyone who may know is:

1 - Is it easy to obtain Glock handguns in PNG and can I obtain one under a need for "security purposes"
2 - I love my rifles. Does anyone know if I would be able to obtain a licence for a semi automatic rifle i.e. - AR15 in PNG and if so under what licence category I would need to apply?

Thanks for your help, I have not been able to find much information.

FinanceGuy15 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have been searching the internet far and wide and hope someone can help.

I have a very attractive offer on my desk for a new job in PNG (will be moving from the states). Now I am a bit of a redneck and enjoy my guns and have also been advised by my potential employer that I may like to purchase a gun for security purposes in PNG. Now my question to anyone who may know is:

1 - Is it easy to obtain Glock handguns in PNG and can I obtain one under a need for "security purposes"
2 - I love my rifles. Does anyone know if I would be able to obtain a licence for a semi automatic rifle i.e. - AR15 in PNG and if so under what licence category I would need to apply?

Thanks for your help, I have not been able to find much information.

Forget it !!

Guns are a no no in PNG.