MBA Job seekers visa

Dear All, Could any one please let me know that MBA + Course Certificate In international Marketing can apply for German job seeker visa. I have done MBA + Diploma and have 10 years of experience in the field of Administration,Management,Coordination and Project Management.

Regards

Hi sibte ali,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new topic has been created as from your post here.

I would invite you to view these two articles :

Visa in Germany
Work in Germany.

Wish you all the best,
Christine

Dear All, Please info me is the MBA is eligible to apply for Job Seeker Visa

Hi sibte ali,

it seems that nobody can confidently answer this. Maybe you should contact your closest German embassy and ask to be sure. You can also ring the hotline mentioned here: http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/fo … pplication

From what I can read only doctors and MIST professionals (with university degrees in mathematics, informatics, science and technology) are eligible.  But please confirm with an official source, as mentioned above.

Good luck!

Since MBA covers aspects of HR, Finance, Technology, Legal -> it is practically contains "mixture" which does not represent a specific profession- hence I belief MBA,  does not have the standing in Germany like it does elsewhere (I have an MBA).
Like I explained here, the primary objective is to establish whether you are "highly skilled" or not, for the EU Blue Card Visa.
Highly skilled needs are  currently  :  highly qualified individuals (example Doctorate, Magister) in Mathematics, IT, the natural sciences or technology, as well as medical doctors. Of course other areas may be still possible case by case, but this should help you to get a feeling what is expected.

In contrast, the "job-seeker visa" is intended for semi and low skilled labour, but are much more limited in terms of slots in the labour market and tolerated stay.

The primary objective is still to avoid importing someone from outside, where a EU citizens competence is available in abundance.

Hi,

There is no condition by Embassy that you should carry MBA for getting Job Search Visa. Of course MBA is a good qualification and apart from it Embassy screens whether you are highly skilled.

According to the Rules with Embassy and German Labor Market, they have a shortage of the Labor in the Sectors of Engineers, Doctors, Mechanical's and IT (SAP, Java, .Net).

With your MBA, if you have an experience in any one of these Sectors, then you will be able to get the Job Search Visa. But it is finally decided by Embassy, whether to approve Visa or not.

I have also MBA and 5 years Experience in SAP FI/CO. I applied for the Visa on 21-Mar-2015 and my Visa got approved and stamped in just 2 days (on 23-Mar-15).

I just moved to Germany about two weeks back and I am in trails now. Before moving i was in good opinion that i can find the Job in my Sector easily since SAP is born in Germany and I have good German Skills too. But I could see so many constrains here like Many company looks for the Candidate who have Work Permit, whether you are experienced working in Germany and German Language. I have lost few companies because I do not have a Car and International driving License (to travel to Client Place).

I can guide you for your doubts

Hi ,

First of all good luck and hope that you find a suitable job in Germany and settle there. I am planning to apply for German Job seeker visa. it is relatively easy here in Saudi Arabia to apply and get the visa if we have university degree and decent job experience.
I am an Indian working as a Secretary in a national Oil & Gas company in Saudi Arabia with decent pay. I have done Bachelors in Business Management from Karnataka India.
I do not have any German language skills. Will I find it hard to find the job in Germany? I will not quit my present job fearing that if I did not get job in Germany I will have to lose my present job.
what is your advice Sir, shall I go ahead and apply for job seeker visa or it is not a good idea to quit the present job and apply for job seeker visa?

thank you and good luck.

Hi,
Thanks, In which Field do you have an Experience?.
It is difficult to find a Job in Germany without German Language. In fact, it is even difficult, getting a Job Search Visa without German Language Skills.
I have a good SAP Experience and manageble German langauge Skills. I find here many challeges on getting Job.
It is always better to leave the Job and move to Germany on Job Search Visa, when you are really interested to settle down here. But try to invest your time to get more information and relavant Jobs on the Job Market in Germany. Check out the Job Offers through the below given Websites where you can find many Job opening in Germany (it is currently Holiday Season in Germany from 29-Jul-2015 to 10-Sep-2015, so Job opening might be very less). Then you will have an Idea, where you will fit for those.

Stepstone.de
Monster.de
Xing.com

Thanks,
Damodar Naidu

Dear Damodar,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
I wish that you will get your desired job soon.
I am working as a secretary in national gas company Saudi Arabia since 5 years. This is a decent job and I earn around 1 lakh Indian rupees per month. So my qualification is BBA plus 5 years of experience. ( I have completed Executive MBA also but not recognized by UGC) it is very easy to get job seeker visa here in Saudi Arabia and costs very very less. but I am afraid that if I come to Germany and failed to get suitable job I will lose everything. (Saudi visa plus good job).One of the major problem I am facing in Saudi Arabia is the discrimination. They have different pay scales for Saudis and non Saudis. even though we work harder and lot more than Saudis we never get equal pay. this discrimination prompting me to go somewhere else where there is equal opportunity and equal pay.  and another major spectacle is harsh weather of Saudi Arabia. (rith now it is 50 Degree)

Hi,

According to my Knowledge and experience, you might face lot of chalenges to find a Job as a Secretay here. If you wish to try out for Germany, then first bring your Time over Internet to investigate about the Germany Job Market and check out the ways to find the suitable Job.
First checkout whether there are open Jobs postings (in Job websites) which are relavent to your experience. I believe as a Secretary, you should speak very good German.

Thanks,
Damodar Naidu

I belief my post from 28 April 2015 answered all the points you are adressing. Please read it again.

Dear Damodar,

hope you are having a good day.
May I kindly ask did you manage to find the suitable job for you through Job seeker visa?
any difficulties you found?

Thank you.

Hello Shakir,
It is almost two months now since I moved to Germany and I face lot of challenges here to find a Job. The People in Germany think many times to offer a Job, that I have seen in my case. 
German language is very important to find a Job. In fact, the interview will be in German too. At least you will be able to talk normally.
Hopping for a Job at least in another 2 Months.

Thanks,
Damodar Naidu

Dear Damodar,

Thank you for the update.
Hope and wish that you will get desired job soonest.

Best Regards

Hi Damodar,
How are you. I am also an MBA but with experience in sales and marketing.
I have gone through all your posts and just wanted to check hoz your struggle going on.

Did you get the job or still searching.

Rgds

Prashant

Hi, I have got Job and joined a month ago.

Hi Damodar,

Congrats on finding new job.
Mai I kindly ask few questions.

I believe you went there in job seeker visa.
how long you searched job and was it easy or tough to find job? what are the possibilities of finding job without German language?
after finding job you had to return to your country with new visa or the existing visa is enough?
how much approximate money we should have in hand while finding a job? taxis are costly or you used public transportation to find job.

thank you and wishing you great start to your career in Germany.

Best Regards

Shakirindian: This thread has been inactive for 18 months, so you are unlikely to get a reply here.
You can start your own, new thread on the forum instead.
Just one comment: without German language skills, it is quite difficult to find a job.