Converting....

I have read several notes from people in or going to Belize.  Why do people think they can go to another country and "convert" the locals.   This missionary work did not do much good for the native folks in North America - Australia and now Africa.

What happened to mutual respect and understanding?

Mike

Mikend, I'm with you all the way on this one. The  reason why others don't have issues as we do is because they leave well enough alone. I don't get where people think they can go places and inflict change in the way they may be accustomed to. What's wrong with them adapting to the environment that they emigrate to or just stay where they are and address their cause or influence from their origin.
I do agree with your position on this one. But, people are people they will do as they please or think is right to them.

Amen brother!

Couldn't agree more, what they see is Belize as another soft touch where they can inflict their views and beliefs.

the missionarys are treated politely by Belizeans.   I believe the basic premise of bringing religeon here is arrogant.