Getting Oman Driving license by exchanging UAE license

Hi All,

I was in  Oman from 2006 - 2008. In the year 2007 I received my Oman Manual Driving license successfully. After that I received a opportunity in UAE and decided to shift there. Once I was in UAE, I gave the driving test by showing my Oman Driving license. I passed my test on an Automatic Car successfully, however I was been told to submit my original Oman Manual driving license in UAE and I was given UAE automatic driving license.
I am planning to move to Oman in the next month June . I heard that recently ROP has stopped issuing Oman Driving license in exchange of UAE Automatic Driving licence for male. I have the copy of my Oman Manual Driving license and which is valid till 2017. By showing this copy will ROP issue me an Oman Manual Driving License.
I am getting different answers from everywhere.
I would appreciate a response from someone who has gone through a similar situation.

You can surrender your UAE automatic driving license for an Oman automatic driving license.
You can also get a Oman manual driving license if you have a copy of your earlier license.

Good luck.

Thanks Crusaderzz for your reply

I have the copy of Oman Manual Driving License with me. Hope that they give me my license back.

I understand that from Jan 2014 all male resident in Oman can have only Manual License and hence I dont think they will give me Oman Automatic license.

Dear All

I asked from road police and also go to rop, they told me they will not change my automatic driving license (dubai) to Omani driving license but i can drive yallow number plate.

Hi,

I had showed my Omani Driving licence to Dubai police and they gave me direct computer test and direct road test, they issued an license for the same. I still kept my Omani Driving licence with me. Back in oman  i guess after expiry of my omani license they renewed and gave me a new one.

Its better if you let your Company PRO meet with the ROP and find an solution to it.

With Regards

Rajesh

''

waseemriz wrote:

''
Dear All
I asked from road police and also go to rop, they told me they will not change my automatic driving license (dubai) to Omani driving license but i can drive yallow number plate.

But how is it possible? Can one buy and registr on his/her name in oman on UAE Valid Automatic DL. Please help cz  i have UAE auto DL..plssssssss suggest

Hi All,
I am having automatic transmission license from Dubai valid till 2023. My company wants me to use an automatic transmission car via rent a car service.
Can I use my Dubai Automatic License here in Oman as well? I mean without exchanging with Omani license.

Thanks

BVI wrote:

Hi All,
I am having automatic transmission license from Dubai valid till 2023. My company wants me to use an automatic transmission car via rent a car service.
Can I use my Dubai Automatic License here in Oman as well? I mean without exchanging with Omani license.

Thanks

Yes,
You can drive a rent-a-car, based on your UAE driving license.

confirm with ROP, I suffer alot

You Can use the Oman Driving license. I had similar circumstances and my Omani Drivers license is valid till 2018. I showed it to ROP and they issued me a new one after they had updated my details in the system.

i have saudi driving license(manual) valid 2021 n dubai  DL  (Auto)valid 2024 ,now i am moving to Oman,so is it possible to convert any of license in to Oman.if possible so which one i can?

Hi Friends!
I have an expired UAE manual D/L(2012) & an expired  manual Bahraini D/L(2010). I have got a very prospective job offer in Marketing & Sales (In which D/L is must), in Oman,which I have to answer the company ASAP.
Friend's any of you could please suggest me, how can I exchange my either of UAE or BAHRAIN D/L into Omani D/L at the earliest. Friends its dead urgent..
Thanks..
Regards..
Sadiq...

I am Also planing to move to Oman ,Please tell me the job position in sales & Mktg, I am also having U.A.E Valid Drawing Licence which is valid up to 2016. :)

Hai am janeesh,
2016 i got uae manual license, after that ,2017 mid i get chance to move oman for better job. In the meantime i am changed my uae manual license ( UAE license to sumbited to Oman police)  to get oman manual license ( its very easy process in oman). But 2021 am planing to come UAE on visit visa for searching job. (My UAE LICENSE VALID UP TO 2026). Now i hold photocopy for uae license. If i get job in UAE can i get the duplicate license ?
Kindly advice pls?

Hello sir
My Oman license got expired and i am in uae,planning to change my Oman license to uae license, is it possible to change?

Hi Bro, did you gone through the process to claim UAE license back after surrendering the same in Oman. It will be great if can share the experience