British girl in Norway - new member!

Hi all!

I'm new to Expat.com I've come across the site before but I thought I'd try networking on it this time around!

So to introduce myself I'm a 24 year old expat currently living in Vestfold, Norway with my hubby Stian and our furry family of two cats and one cheeky dog. I love hiking, blogging, traveling and animals, I'm also a great big nerd with a not-so-secret love for computer games too.

I write a blog about my time in Norway, its been going for some time now but its linked on my profile if you want to hear more.

I speak english and 'sort of' Norwegian, if you have a northern Norwegian accent it might throw me a little...

I would love to get to know anyone in similar shoes to me, or if you have any questions I'd love it if you gave me a message  :D

Hi ChrissyJohansen,

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction ;)

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hello and welcome,

How long have you been in Norway? Are you enjoying it?

David

Hi David,

This is my third year in Norway, and now I've gotten used to the changes (mostly) I'm enjoying it.

How about you? I see your from Scotland so I'm guessing you might have been a bit more used to the cold than me ;)

Hello,

I have been in Norway for just over 6 years (living in Haugesund and then Oslo). In the west of Norway the weather is more or less the same as Scotland, so that was no problem. Oslo is another matter. Far too cold in the winter, although actually this winter wasn't so bad. At least the summers here are nicer.

Are you doing some sort of exciting work over here?

David

Hi Chrissy,

Where about from England are you from? I am also English and I have been living in Bømlo for 12 years. W are think of moving back to the UK one day in the future.  :)

A belated welcome to Norway :D
I grew up in Tønsberg, moved away to study, moved back to study more, then moved to Poland for 2 years to study even more, and now I'm finally back in my hometown.

Hi!

Same here! I grew up in Norway.. Went to the UK to study. Now I feel like an expat back in Norway!

Welcome to Norway Chrissy!

-Anum :)

U GUYS SHOULD BE IN NORWAY NOW ITS LIKE OVER 80DEGRIES.................

LETPEOPLESAYWHATTHEYTHINK wrote:

Not where I am.

Anyone who moves to Norway for the hot weather needs to get their head examined

LETPEOPLESAYWHATTHEYTHINK wrote:

Hey, it's more like 100 degrees now lol... it's waaaaay HOT!!! :)

Hi guys, I've just moved to Oslo from the UK, am struggling so much to do things, for example, I want to see the new Xmen movie but can't find the cinema!! OMG I'm having a meltdown... lol

I have a car now and Sat Nav, I think I am just a bit scared... Any advice would be so much appreciated xx

Hello Oxford to Oslo  :cheers:

I suggest you to browse and participate on threads on the Oslo Forum so as to find other expats in the same position as you who are seeking friendship.

Give yourself some time, and you will easily find your way around ;)

Regards
Kenjee

kenjee wrote:

Hello Oxford to Oslo  :cheers:

I suggest you to browse and participate on threads on the Oslo Forum so as to find other expats in the same position as you who are seeking friendship.

Give yourself some time, and you will easily find your way around ;)

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you, yes I have been looking :)

Hello!
I am I general nurse.I love health promotion and disease prevention .I am looking for friends who love health issues.I am 32 yaers of age.

Hey,

Nice to know a fellow brit is here!

I'm from Cambridge/Essex/Norwich I moved around a little ;) How about you?
What do you miss the most about England?

Another belated welcome to expat :) I really don't check here often enough >_>

@Oxford to Oslo, here is an overview of all the cinemas in Oslo (I highly recommend Colleseum): http://www.nfkino.no/kinoer/?cinema=oslo  I actually proposed to my girlfriend in the Colleseum cinema before watching Xmen in June ;)  Fun having 500+ people clapping for you!

I was in a pretty similar situation to you Chrissy, came to Norway 4 years ago with my Girlfriend after Uni and simply have no desire to go back to the UK :P  Two cats and a new son yet still finding time for gaming!

Hvordan går det med å lære norsk?

Hei Dear,
How are you. I live and work in Bergen. I am very much interested in British accent. Do you know any English Girls/boys in Bergen or nearby? Hope you are doing well and enjoying Norway.

SS, from Bergen.

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to Vestfold? Do you like it there? How do you find it living in Norway in General? Which city in Vestfold do you live? Would really appreciate to hear about your experiences of living in Norway! It's always useful to hear from someone who has been through it :)

Regards,
Marie

Hei
Sweetheart
How are u .. i would like to be friend with u

Nice to hear of a fellow brit here in Norway (: I've only just moved in July but you moved it seems a while ago! Have you learnt Norwegian yet!? I'm really struggling... have any tips?(:

Thanks
I work for a cleaning company and do not require to lean the language
I speak Dutch and can understand a bit because
I also do not wish to learn the language 😁because I can't be bothered
Unless your trying to become a Norwegian citizen tgen I suggest you have to

But learning the language does not guaranty you  anything here in Norway

But goodluck