Regarding the dubai municipality exam

Hi Guys,

I guys I am Shubash, presently in Oman, expected to take Dubai Municipality exam. I am Civil Structural Engineer. I would like to know what are the type of questions and exam pattern along with the duration of exam.
Especially Mr.Ozmustu Please do the needful as you have written the exam

It will be a great help.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Shubash Chetan

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

hi everyone

i just want to ask do you have the notes in g+1 exam can anyone send in to me. tnx. and also can you tell me also how can apply for that g+1 exam.

hi..
Pls. send me ur e mail ID..I can send you questions I have face in exam.

thx

samir

Bro ,

Its ****,Thank u bro, can I get ur contact no, if u don mind.

Thank's and Regards
Chetan Shubash.K.V.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

hey brother, can you send to me your notes too? pls? because im going to take the exam too. pls pls. here's my email address.  .thank you so much!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum. Use the private message system.
samirraj009 wrote:

hi..
Pls. send me ur email ID..I can send you questions I have face in exam.

thx

samir

hey brother, can you send to me your notes too? pls? because im going to take the exam too. pls pls. here's my email address.* .thank you so much!

Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum. Use the private message system.

I am also needing exam info.  xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Sir,
Can you please also send me some questionnaires for the exam? I am needing some practice tests so I can review well and prepare for my upcoming test. Thanks in advance!

Kindly send to xxx
-Chiq

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : So as nobody misuses your private contact details, please exchange your mail ad via the private messaging system. Thank-You

Hi All,

I am a civil(structural ) engineer and plan to take G+1 DM exam.I don't know anything about this exam :( .  Please send me G+1 exam materials.

Thank you.
Suba

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum!

it,s very easy all basic and steel overlapping and bending related questions

xxx
Please send me the same
I will be thankful to you

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.

Hi sir i want municipality civil engineering question  pls help me

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum!

samir can you help me me too getting ready for dubai municipality exam as civil engineer. if you have model questions please mail me - ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Pre-Requisites
1. Degree of Civil engineering should be attested from UAE embassy in home country.
2. Come to Dubai on employment visa. Cannot apply with Visit Visa

Procedure
1. Get the degree attested from ministry of foreign affairs UAE.
2. Visit ministry of higher education dubai and get the equivalency letter for secondary and higher secondary
certificates.
3. Visit your country's embassy in Dubai and get a genuineness certificate for your engineering degree.
4. Visit ministry of interior to get first entry letter (respective Emirates by which your visa is issued )
5. Visit ministry of higher education and submit all the certificates like equivalency, genuineness, attested degree, first
entry etc. They will send equivalency letter for Bachelor degree on your address.
6. After getting degree equivalency letter, visit society of engineers office and apply for membership. Membership will
be given after paper work that takes a week.
7. Visit the Municipality and apply for exam and they will give you a date for exam.
8. Attend the exam on given date. The tests could either be viva+written or only written. Original educational certificate
and Passport to be shown at the time of interview.
9. Result will be shown online immediately after the interview.
10. Now you are a certified civil engineer in UAE, they will issue you a license which will be valid for two years and will be
renewed in future. Online result should be kept for future reference.
11. Incase of failure, candidate can apply again with the same procedure.
Documents Required
• Valid Trade License copy
• Engineer's Passport copy with visa page, attested Educational certificate and one photo. Certificate must be
attested by UAE Embassy in home country and UAE Foreign Affairs in UAE.
• No objection letter from the sponsor of the Engineer/Technical staff. If the applicant is under other sponsorship or
if he/she is on Visit/Tourist visa, the applying company can attach a request letter.
• UAE Engineers Association Membership copy or an undertaking letter stating that you will take the membership in
UAE Engineers Association after passing the exam. This is a personal letter and it can be printed in white paper.
Fees
• Municipality Test fees Dh410 for Electrical Fitting Contracting
• Municipality Test fees Dh510 for Building Contracting
• This amount can be paid online or pay at DM Cashier. Interview date and time will be shown online after payment.

Note:
• You must have at least 3 years of working experience for applying G+1
• G+1 License can be upgraded to G+4 if the license is three years old and minimum 7 projects should be completed.
• 7 years UAE experienced 2 Engineers required to upgrade the License to G+12

Syllabus
For G+1: Questions are generally asked regarding low-rise steel structures, both PEB Built-up and Hot-rolled. Theory about
steel material, Yield strengths, grade of steel, grade of bolts, grade of bracing rods etc. For e.g, What's the yield strength of
Grade 50 steel. Answer is, 50 Ksi or 345 Mpa. Preparation should be dome about material strengths, properties etc.
Secondly, the examiner will draw a beam / frame with certain loading and ask to make SFD & BMD. Also, column to beam
connection detail, beam to beam, moment and base plate connections etc. Design of bearing connection / shear connection
could also be asked based on AISC ASD.
For G+4: Preparation should be done thoroughly, mainly for conrete design on the following topics.
BS 8110-1997 based design of Strap beam footing, concrete beam, one way slab, hourdi slab, flat slab with punching shear
calculation, ribbed slab, pile cap, footing with bi-axial bending / eccentric footing and combined footing. All theory related
to column (slenderness, short column design, slender column design procedure only) should be studied. Also, calculation
checks for sliding & overturning in retaining walls.
Detailing of beam-column junction, raft foundation, pile-cap, footings, beam, staircase, lift pit in raft foundation etc. Also,
general concrete related questions like grade of concrete, min. reinforcement, aggregate, W/C ratio, lap & anchorage
lengths etc. All based on BS 8110-1997 (Chapter 3).
Shear Force Diagram (SFD) and Bending Moment Diagram (BMD) will surely be asked for a beam and a frame. Finally,
general understanding questions related to sizing of structures will be asked. For example, what will be the ideal slab type
for a room 10m x 12m in size?
In rare cases, UBC 1997 (Seismic Chapter 16) based questions could also be asked, like definitions, structural systems,
irregularities, etc. and ASCE 7-05 (Wind section) have been asked (as heard from other G+4 engineers).

subadra wrote:

Hi All,

I am a civil(structural ) engineer and plan to take G+1 DM exam.I don't know anything about this exam :( .  Please send me G+1 exam materials.

Thank you.
Suba

Hai bro,
Could you help me me too getting ready for dubai municipality exam as structural engineer g+1. if you have model questions please mail me

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you

Hii,
Do you have exam questions for G+4 structural steel and scaffolding contracting. Please help me.
Regards,
Sherry

hai all,
please help me by sending municipality exam study materials and model questions for g+1 ....please

plz send me the questionnaire of the DEWA exam.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.