Need some help..volunteering info wanted.

As people are aware from previous posts that I've made, I am due to visit AA with the family in July /Aug for three weeks.

My eldest (17 years old)is going out 2 weeks before us.

Now this is where I need some help. I want him to get involved with some charity or NGO to volunteer some of his time to help in some form or another. (Maybe an orphanage or church charity school)

I want him to see how lucky his life is in the UK and how easy it is in the West (even though he says life's hard - like all teenagers do). Some of you may not agree with what I am proposing, but his mums sisters husband and I do think this is the sort of thing that he needs to make him see the light of day and mature into a young adult.

If anyone knows of any agencies that would appreciate some help from an Amharic and English speaking teenager it would be appreciated.

All details can be sent to me via this forum and I will reply with my email address.

Thanks
ubdai

Hello ubdai,

I am a social volunteer in Addis Ababa and do have some ideas where your son could work. If you are still interested, just post your Email and I will contact you.

Izanah

Hi Ubdai,
My humble greetings. I am emailing you from Hawassa, a city located in the heart of rift valley, Ethiopia. I am not sure if I can be of help in Addis ababa. I am a university lecturer who has many links and work relationships with HIV/AIDS orphans. I can be of help if your son, of course you, are willing to travel 250 kms from Addis Ababa to the south. My city Hawassa is the safest place in Ethiopia. Stay in touch.Email me at: [email protected].

Hi Izanah,
I am also interested in volunteering to work in Addis Ababa. Can you contact me at [email protected] to let me know what opportunities are available.

Thanks,
Melanie

I do understand what you are trying to do for your son. I grow up in London and I now leave in Addis It would be a life changing experience for your son. I know of one Agency they work with orphanages I am sure they can do with with an extra hand I will contact the person I know in the agency and let you know soon.

Best of luck

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks
ubdai

I suggest you better contact teenagers living in the country.it is better for your son to meet teenagers so that he could understand life directly from them.i hope this works.

Good Luck!

naod30 wrote:

Hi Ubdai,
My humble greetings. I am emailing you from Hawassa, a city located in the heart of rift valley, Ethiopia. I am not sure if I can be of help in Addis ababa. I am a university lecturer who has many links and work relationships with HIV/AIDS orphans. I can be of help if your son, of course you, are willing to travel 250 kms from Addis Ababa to the south. My city Hawassa is the safest place in Ethiopia. Stay in touch.Email me at: [email protected].

Thanks for the offer but I was hoping to find something within Addis.

ubdai

Trying to get a volunteer job in Addis for my 18 year old daughter just for the same reasons you mentioned . Did you ever manage ? pls share

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls