Expecting an offer from a well reputable multinational company.

Hi There,

So i am an Egyptian who is currently living in Cairo, working for a top FMCG and earning around 17K EGP (680KD).. I am single, i live an above average life in Cairo and i am not looking to change that by moving to Kuwait.

I am at the very end of a series of interviews with a big Kuwaiti based (FMCG) company, and i am expecting to receive an offer soon. The title i am getting is a Senior Marketing Coordinator, reporting directly to the Marketing manager only above him the marketing director.

Mind you, the middle east HQ of this company is based in Kuwait and its literally huge nearly everywhere in the world.

I have been told that my package will come as a basic salary, car allowance, house allowance and a one time furniture allowance which has to be paid back if i resign.

My question here is, how much should i be expecting for each of the above VS what should be a good offer?

I am expecting to get double what i am making now which should count up to 1380KD. Would i be able to save from that? and how much?

Is Kuwait a fun place to live in?

Thanks guys, your help is much appreciated :)

Hello AKAW and welcome on board :)

To have an idea of the cost of living in contrast with the salary, I suggest you to browse through threads talking about these in our Cost of Living in Kuwait section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

Hey,

I have already that, however, i would preferablly like to have someone answer to my specific questions making it even more clear for me.

Let me know should you have an idea.

Cheers

Hello there! Welcome to Expat.com!

The way of calculate it is accommodation - 350->500 for a single guy, transportation you'll need gas money if the company will provide a car, which is ~70-90 KWD, if you want to eat at nice restaurants daily I guess it would cost you quite a hefty amount! If you're looking to save, it would help not spending as much as you would if you're already living a good life in Cairo. Now I'm not saying it's a bad offer, I'm just saying living in Kuwait could get pricey without the night club life and alcohol.
As for fun in Kuwait, I don't believe it's existent. If you're the beer lover like I am, you'll find yourself out of place here. However, if you just like going out to malls and dining out! Then I suppose kuwait ain't so bad. I wish you the best of luck buddy!