New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi,I'm Sally I have lived in Spain for quite a few years now. I teach English,
I have my own English school,would like to meet more expats :cheers:

Hi there, I am in Barcelona for the summer and am looking to meet people in their 20's! Im from both Canada and the US and enjoy spending time doing activities (volleyball, hiking, running, etc). I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!

Hello There,

I have just moved to Barcelona and looking to make new friends,,,wanna chat?

Hi Sally, thanks for introducing yourself. I'm Al from Melbourne, Australia. I'm not yet an expat but will be moving to Vinaros, Spain hopefully next month (still waiting on my work visa). I'm looking to start networking with the expats in Spain before I get there. I thought it might be helpful to know other English teachers so that I can know more about the work standards and just have a good network of other teachers to get in contact with.
Nice to meet you.
Cheers
Al

Hi Andrea , my name is Adam 30 years old im software engineer i Work in Madrid ,Im from Tunisia living in Madrid . looking for new friends i Speak French English,Arabic y un poco espanol ,
i want meet new friends and learn spanish :)
you are welcome

Hi all
I've family in Madrid 9month old twins and a older boy whos six... I'm Irish am trying to learn Spanish but find it a little difficult.. It's like the old dog new tricks one but I'm trying... Anyway my name is Glenn and I'm looking for work to support my family...I'm a stay @ home dad but could be available nights if someone could help me finding work
I look forward to meeting new members and offer ideas all round
Thanks in advance

Hello all,
My name is Dave, recently retired and planning to visit Spain for 90 days sometime in early 2016. I am currently trying to learn some Spanish with the help of a friend of mine who is from Mexico and is fluent in Spanish.

Hi,
Am Harriet 32 currently in United Arab Emirates but looking for a Housekeeping or caregiving job in spain, i love the country and i want to work and settle in it. i have experience in the same field. two and a half years in saudi arabia as caregiver, housekeeper  and cook and thirteen months now in Dubai as a housekeeper. am humble, down to earth cheerful and hard-worker.

Hola,
My name is Tom and I've just arrived in Madrid to aupair for the summer after graduating university. I'm 23 and looking to meet some like minded people. If you wanna grab a drink or chill out in Madrid, please drop me a message or something so we can arrange it.

Long-time traveller, first time blogger. My name is Heidi and I started travelling when I left Uni.  After spending a few years all around the world - mainly Europe, I'm currently hiding, well, hanging out in Brighton with a few friends till I get itchy travellers feet again ☺

Hi all,

Just moved to Girona and I would like to know more people to go out with; have a drink, go to the beach, play football etc. etc.

I am 33, speak English and Spanish (more or less) and looking forward to built up my social life here  :D

Hi everyone, I will be moving to Barcelona in September for school. It would be great to make new friends. I am currently just starting to learn Spanish so will be needing lots of exchanges to master the new language.

Hello there,

I'm Solène, I am a student in London but currently working as an au pair in Madrid. My Spanish is really really basic and that's why it's really hard for me to meet and speak to people. I am looking for people around my age (19 nearly 20) to make friends with and explore the city. I can speak French as well as English.

Thank you :)

Hi I'm Solene, I can't help you with Spanish but I am looking to make friends!

Hi All,

I'm heading over to Madrid indefinitely on the 28th of July, looking forward to it :)

-Regards,
Paul

Hi, I'm working as an au pair too this summer, I am 17, but would love to explore the city too!

Vivo en Cantabria y mañana voy a Oslo, me gustaría contactar con españoles para hacerme un mini viaje exprés de españoles por el mundo. Cualquier ayuda me vendría de perlas. Gracias

Berttito wrote:

Vivo en Cantabria y mañana voy a Oslo, me gustaría contactar con españoles para hacerme un mini viaje exprés de españoles por el mundo. Cualquier ayuda me vendría de perlas. Gracias

Could you please write only in english on this anglophone version of the please?  :thanks:

Thank you  :top:

Kenjee

u wellcome , i'm Andy, nice to meet you too

Hi, my name Is Judith,

I am from the U.S. (California) and my husband is British.  We have lived in the United Kingdom for the past 19 years.  We sold our home in April and our original plan was to move back to the states, unlike you, we have children and Grand Children in America. It  was such a hassle with immigration to move back to the states we too decided on the Costa Del Sol because of the weather and the COL.

We are in the process of moving  and should me in our new home next week.  Southern Spain reminded me a lot of California. That part of Spain has a micro-climate so it is cool of a morning and evening.  The lifestyle is very relaxed, COL is low and you will find an abundance of fresh food and friendly people!   We bought a lovely Town home in a well established gated area, but rentals are easy to come by.  You will find a lot of expats that live there.   I am brushing up on my Spanish although mostly everyone speaks English.  We will be living in Manilva, which is between Marbella and Sotogrande.  It is a 10 min drive to the beach and 20 to the Marina where all the lovely restaurants are.  I am looking forward to long walks/runs on the beach and making new friends and experiencing another culture. We have travelled a lot so making this kind of move wasn't perhaps so daunting.  You will find people are very friendly and most helpful.

If you need a name of a good realtor who does rentals, please let me know.  Our Estate Agent was most helpful, but he also does rentals.

Good Luck with your move!

Jude1447

Hello everyone:)))) I'm Johanna,  from the Philippines and I'm presently working in an international school here at Bangkok!teaching arts, performing arts, English, drama and others.... I've been working here for almost 10 years more or less and been thinking to have professional changes to work in Europe;)) any suggestions or ideas! Thank you so much and nice to meet u all here! Take care!!!

I have had an amazing business opportunity which involves moving to alicante from the uk in January which me (28) & my son (11) are very excited for & as we are looking to buy a house/villa in a  residential area so we can make friends intergrate and become part of the community and live for many years to come. I was wondering if anyone has any advise on the best residential areas with local secondary schools for British expats are to live? More for my son than for me I want him to be able to make friends and have a great life over there to. Thanks in advanced

sorry but what you want ,to do is to live the british life in a warmer climate ,and we moan aboput the moslems in the uk

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495051

Thanks!

Closed